Author Topic: corn (on the cobb) and baked potatoes on the SRG? suggestions, cook times?  (Read 3663 times)

Offline adam h

want to do corn, cleaned/soaked/seasoned & foil wrapped with roasted potatoes on top in the SRG.
6 steaks on the Weber & then some burgers on the Weber (while the steaks are resting)
want to time it all to be done around the same time, so my question is.... how long on the srg for 7 ears of corn & approx 6 baked potatoes or a pile of little red russets.  ....... any help???!!!
thanks
adam h
big easy srg
weber genesis (silver) 3 burner

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Tators take 45 mins or so. Cook till 200 IT

Corn should take 30 mins or so.   I cook in the shuck only so not to sure if wrapped
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Elzic

I smoked some corn the other day (shucked, not wrapped)....seems like it took about 45 minutes.   I did put a foil drip pan with some water it the bottom of the SRG thinking it would help keep it from drying out....don't know if it mattered or not... but it came out pretty darn tasty.
Elzic
Norfolk, VA
Novice Producer, Experienced Consumer.
Big Easy SRG

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
One thing I forgot to mention is if you soak corn in the husk then cook add time for the moister.   

I only cook corn in husk and wait til the husk is burnt before serving.  If you need time you can place corn in a cooler with a towel that will keep it hot for sometime.   Foiled corn wont have the same flavor in my opinion but that's just me   
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline adam h

One thing I forgot to mention is if you soak corn in the husk then cook add time for the moister.   

I only cook corn in husk and wait til the husk is burnt before serving.  If you need time you can place corn in a cooler with a towel that will keep it hot for sometime.   Foiled corn wont have the same flavor in my opinion but that's just me

TMB, thanks for the reply I'm thinking taters on the bottom, corn on top cook on low heat??
Also, any thoughts on reverse sear method for the steaks!! I have new york strips, about 1.5" thick
adam h
big easy srg

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama

TMB, thanks for the reply I'm thinking taters on the bottom, corn on top cook on low heat??
Also, any thoughts on reverse sear method for the steaks!! I have new york strips, about 1.5" thick
love to cook steaks on the SRG.  You can get the smoker box going good place your steaks on the grate turn the temp to low and let the go till 100 IT remove them to a player turn the heat to high wait 10 mins then sear them on the grate
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline adam h

thanks for the suggestions!!
did taters wrapped in bacon on the bottom for about 20 minutes, then added corn (in the husk) on top.
reverse seared some thick new york strips on the grill while the corn & taters roasted in the SRG, then burgers while the steaks rested, turned out great!!
first time for the reverse sear method.... Awesome!! well worth the extra time!
adam h
big easy srg

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Now that you understand reverse sear,  get a sirloin roast cook it on low in the chamber with smoke remove it when it hits 120 place it on a foiled cookie sheet.  While it is resting place the grate on the SRG run it on high setting for 15 mins the sear the roast  pull when it hits 135 makes killer sammies!

Remember to season the roast and let it sit in the fridge for 6 hrs before cooking ;) 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker

Offline tomcrete1

did taters wrapped in bacon on the bottom for about 20 minutes, then added corn (in the husk) on top.
reverse seared some thick new york strips on the grill while the corn & taters roasted in the SRG, then burgers while the steaks rested, turned out great!!

Tator Tots wrapped in Bacon!  My heart just skipped a beat!  I will be trying that!  :D :D
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America

Tator Tots wrapped in Bacon!  My heart just skipped a beat!  I will be trying that!  :D :D
I use the thin bacon for that.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline tomcrete1

I use the thin bacon for that.  .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

Thin it is, trying that tonight!  Thank you  :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL