Author Topic: Cleaning Agents for Showrs  (Read 789 times)

Offline Dave R.

Cleaning Agents for Showrs
« Reply #-1 on: April 13, 2018, 12:28:18 PM »
Since this is an anything goes section I'll venture this question to you all. Have you found a high quality cleaning agent for tile and grout in bathroom showers or any tile and grout for that matter. Also something that can dissolve soap scum from shower doors made of plastic. Thanks in Advance. We did stop at a tile retailer and purchased an acid based cleaner but I'm reluctant to use it if another agent less harsh will do the work. TIA
MAK #3591

Offline rwalters

Cleaning Agents for Showrs
« on: April 13, 2018, 01:38:36 PM »
Since this is an anything goes section I'll venture this question to you all. Have you found a high quality cleaning agent for tile and grout in bathroom showers or any tile and grout for that matter. Also something that can dissolve soap scum from shower doors made of plastic. Thanks in Advance. We did stop at a tile retailer and purchased an acid based cleaner but I'm reluctant to use it if another agent less harsh will do the work. TIA
You probably won't like my response... but Tilex has always worked wonders in our showers :)
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Cleaning Agents for Showrs
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 01:40:48 PM »
How to make your shower look new! 1/2 cup white vinegar warm in glass measuring cup then add 4 tablespoons of baking soda watch out for a little volcano and then add 1/2 cup of blue dawn mix spread on shower floor and walls if needed let set for 2 hours then wipe clean!  It works on fierglass really well..or get some X-14 if you can find it.. .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Dave R.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 01:56:25 PM »
Thanks for the responses. Will give it a go. ;)
MAK #3591

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 05:04:03 PM »
I'm digging Pam's response. I'm going to have to give that a go!
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 08:44:01 PM »
I was going to say Tilex as well but Pams concoction sounds intriguing.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Dave R.

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 07:37:49 AM »
Well we tried Pam's concoction and it did help a lot but did not get it all at least on the plastic shower door. Worked great on the tile and helped on the grout also. Will end up trying the acid based cleaner. I was a little taken aback by the amount of soap scum. We have always towel dried the shower after use and the frost on the door made it difficult to see. I think using Pam's suggestion is great but one for more regular maintenance that of which we apparently failed to do.
MAK #3591