Author Topic: I did four things I have never done before all on the same day  (Read 672 times)

Offline Tailgating is my game

I did four things I have never done before all on the same day
« Reply #-1 on: March 23, 2019, 10:45:50 AM »
Well the first one I have done maybe two or three times but here they are.

1) Went to home depot cooking section......Bought or wanted nothing?  The want is a first!

2) Went to West Marine & bought nothing....but I did want a new version of my Magma Grill that is on sale now...….But I made it.

3) We got rid of all TV...…… I have wanted to do this for a couple of years. Will miss TCM, Perry Mason, News, The Boston Bruins & my sports teams. My wife will miss cooking & the Property Brothers LOL.  But that's about it...Directv offered my $300.00 to come back but I stood my ground. I said "hey I don't need you folks, Lets talk BBQ gives me all the entertainment I need. They said "who". I said you folks don't carry the hottest CH. in America. I said "tomcrete1 has videos that are exciting from start to finish. I went on to say Cooking CH that's nothing have you seen Tommy's recipes,  Travel channel also has nothing as good as "On the road with RG". They said we need to look into this right away.  ***

4) For the first time we really looked at leaving the Northeast & heading south.  Spoke to an old friend that lives in SC that lived in CT at one time. She said pack up the family & come on down.  I just said no snakes, no hot humid weather, no Alligators, no killer mosquitoes, no Killer Bees & I want some snow. She said I have the perfect down south spot for you all to move too. The South pole!!!!!!  No but we started looking on-line last night.

*** I hope Tee does not read this he may double my bill.

But yes we are also thinking of dropping our home phone, Microwave, Invisible fence contract, Etc   

Well one day without TV ...lets see if we can make it lol. I am thinking of bringing it back for just the football season but time will tell
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Pappymn

Sounds like a great day. I'm not there yet but simple life is very appealing. No offense to the NE or West coast but I could never live there. Moving south is a huge trend. Just wish they would leave their politics at the border edge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Jaxon

Re: I did four things I have never done before all on the same day
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 11:49:34 AM »
Middle Georgia is a GREAT place to live.  Come on down.

BTW, we dropped satellite and cable and opted for FireStick. With Hulu we get all sports, news, local channels, and more for only $50 a month.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 12:49:58 PM »
Middle Georgia is a GREAT place to live.  Come on down.

BTW, we dropped satellite and cable and opted for FireStick. With Hulu we get all sports, news, local channels, and more for only $50 a month.

It sounds great & thanks for the tips on alt/tv
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 12:56:24 PM »
Sounds like a great day. I'm not there yet but simple life is very appealing. No offense to the NE or West coast but I could never live there. Moving south is a huge trend. Just wish they would leave their politics at the border edge.

I agree Pappy
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 01:40:52 PM »
Well the first one I have done maybe two or three times but here they are.

1) Went to home depot cooking section......Bought or wanted nothing?  The want is a first!

2) Went to West Marine & bought nothing....but I did want a new version of my Magma Grill that is on sale now...….But I made it.

3) We got rid of all TV...…… I have wanted to do this for a couple of years. Will miss TCM, Perry Mason, News, The Boston Bruins & my sports teams. My wife will miss cooking & the Property Brothers LOL.  But that's about it...Directv offered my $300.00 to come back but I stood my ground. I said "hey I don't need you folks, Lets talk BBQ gives me all the entertainment I need. They said "who". I said you folks don't carry the hottest CH. in America. I said "tomcrete1 has videos that are exciting from start to finish. I went on to say Cooking CH that's nothing have you seen Tommy's recipes,  Travel channel also has nothing as good as "On the road with RG". They said we need to look into this right away.  ***

4) For the first time we really looked at leaving the Northeast & heading south.  Spoke to an old friend that lives in SC that lived in CT at one time. She said pack up the family & come on down.  I just said no snakes, no hot humid weather, no Alligators, no killer mosquitoes, no Killer Bees & I want some snow. She said I have the perfect down south spot for you all to move too. The South pole!!!!!!  No but we started looking on-line last night.

*** I hope Tee does not read this he may double my bill.

But yes we are also thinking of dropping our home phone, Microwave, Invisible fence contract, Etc   

Well one day without TV ...lets see if we can make it lol. I am thinking of bringing it back for just the football season but time will tell

Tee sees all.... ;) :D :D :D And...shhhhh... the check is in the mail 8) ;D :D
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 03:40:26 PM »

I agree Pappy

X3

BD

The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 06:55:07 PM »
Well a truly Great American and comic Brother Dave Gardner said "the only reason anybody lives up north is because they got a job up there, you never heard of anybody retiring to the north have you". Seriously I love to visit the north and have many friends there but I am an Alabama boy born and raised. Y'all quit telling people about moving to the South. We are getting full.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 08:09:28 PM »
The only reason I keep a tv is for the ny mets and the new York football giants. Otherwise I wouldn’t need it.
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 08:07:28 AM »
You want to head South?     Smart move for MANY reasons :D   I was born and raised in Bama (Roll Tide)  ;) and I hope I never leave

Now as for ther TV's ??   I'd miss my cookinf shows  :( 

I have been to Home Depot many times and not wanted anything (age must be catching up with me)

But, take me to a  Marine store or a new truck dealer then I have issues of not wanting a lot of things :D :D
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 08:08:02 PM »
You want to head South?     Smart move for MANY reasons :D   I was born and raised in Bama (Roll Tide)  ;) and I hope I never leave

Now as for ther TV's ??   I'd miss my cookinf shows  :( 

I have been to Home Depot many times and not wanted anything (age must be catching up with me)

But, take me to a  Marine store or a new truck dealer then I have issues of not wanting a lot of things :D :D

It's funny I only wanted to turn it on once this past week
 & that was for a moment.  Sports is going to be tough. But i love the savings
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Pac Man

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 11:50:17 AM »
Getting rid of the TV was the best decision we ever made. Our kids whined for about a month, but now they don't even realize it's gone haha. As for baseball and boxing, I have a radio and many friends who have TVs—always better to watch a game with a buddy while kickin' back some home brew than watching alone anyway.  :D
MAK 2-Star General
Weber Original Kettle 22-inch
HM Lump Charcoal Barrel Burner

Offline 70monte

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2019, 01:34:19 PM »
Growing up, from the time I was in the fourth grade until I graduated high school, we did not have a TV.  My parents thought it was a bad influence.  It taught me to enjoy reading which I discovered had way more interesting things in books compared to TV.  We could still watch it at friends houses but just couldn't have one at the house.

Even today, I don't watch much TV.
Weber Genesis 1000 gas grill
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall

Offline Pac Man

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2019, 07:26:17 PM »
Growing up, from the time I was in the fourth grade until I graduated high school, we did not have a TV.  My parents thought it was a bad influence.  It taught me to enjoy reading which I discovered had way more interesting things in books compared to TV.  We could still watch it at friends houses but just couldn't have one at the house.

Even today, I don't watch much TV.
:thumbup:
MAK 2-Star General
Weber Original Kettle 22-inch
HM Lump Charcoal Barrel Burner

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 08:49:29 PM »
Getting rid of the TV was the best decision we ever made. Our kids whined for about a month, but now they don't even realize it's gone haha. As for baseball and boxing, I have a radio and many friends who have TVs—always better to watch a game with a buddy while kickin' back some home brew than watching alone anyway.  :D

I agree!
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill