Author Topic: Weber q ( long story )  (Read 529 times)

Offline Lemonhead78

Weber q ( long story )
« Reply #-1 on: April 20, 2019, 06:49:13 AM »
So 2 years ago we bought a camper. We had some good times and memories but now we realize that with the wife and I both working full time jobs the kids involved in sports we have no time to camp. Now besides taking a big loss financially on the camper I’m more bummed about a 200 dollar Weber q. My priorities are definitely screwed up lol.
          You see 2 years ago I took the regulator off a brand new q and attactched a couple different fittings so it could be hooked to to our campers quick connect line. The original regulator is gone and now I’m stuck with a grill I can’t use. Does anyone here know what route I should go here. Is their an adapter for a propane tank ? If so I assume it might be a pain to unthread it every time the tank runs out. Should I contact Weber for a new regulator? Should I sell the grill as is on Craigs list ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker

Offline sschorr

• San Clemente, CA
Re: Weber q ( long story )
« on: April 20, 2019, 09:10:53 AM »
Contact Weber.  They have many parts and adapters for their products.  I've used them several times to get parts/burners/hoses for my 2008 Summit 450.
Sam
MAK 2 Star #3634
Weber Summit E450
Blackstone 17" portable griddle

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 01:44:22 PM »
Contact Weber.  They have many parts and adapters for their products.  I've used them several times to get parts/burners/hoses for my 2008 Summit 450.

x2
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Smokin Soon

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 09:21:04 PM »
Do a search on Weber Q not reaching temp and you will find a few that replaced the original regulator to the inexpensive tank type.
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's

Offline LostArrow

• Often wrong but never in doubt!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 02:02:20 PM »
The bad news.
A q 100-200 , 1000, 2000 series is selling for at best $80 in good shape.
Weber uses a proprietary regulator/ manifold/ valve combination for the q series replacement available but about $50.
THE GOOD NEWS!
The Weber  Q is almost indestructible, will probably last till the cockroach’s becomes extinct
New Braunfels El Darado
Hasty-Bake
Genesis S-330 gasser
Weber Red Genesis 1000
Weber q220
CharBroil CB-740
Char-Griller Kamodo
Curbside kettle
Big Homemade Horizonal smoker @ hunt camp

Offline DWard51

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 05:39:25 PM »
          You see 2 years ago I took the regulator off a brand new q and attactched a couple different fittings so it could be hooked to to our campers quick connect line. The original regulator is gone and now I’m stuck with a grill I can’t use.

So you took the stock regulator off to use the low pressure line on the trailer, correct?

Does the Weber Q still have the quick connect fitting on it?  If so, just get a tank with a regulator on it and a quick connect hose to match.  Or if you want to use the small LP bottles again, just watch craigslist for a trashed Q to use as a parts donor.  You can sometimes find them for $20.  I bought one for $25 that was just badly in need of a good cleaning (a Weber Baby Q).  I just wish I had bought the bag that goes with them before they discontinued them.

Offline Lemonhead78

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 06:01:02 PM »
          You see 2 years ago I took the regulator off a brand new q and attactched a couple different fittings so it could be hooked to to our campers quick connect line. The original regulator is gone and now I’m stuck with a grill I can’t use.

So you took the stock regulator off to use the low pressure line on the trailer, correct?

Does the Weber Q still have the quick connect fitting on it?  If so, just get a tank with a regulator on it and a quick connect hose to match.  Or if you want to use the small LP bottles again, just watch craigslist for a trashed Q to use as a parts donor.  You can sometimes find them for $20.  I bought one for $25 that was just badly in need of a good cleaning (a Weber Baby Q).  I just wish I had bought the bag that goes with them before they discontinued them.
Yes to both your questions!! So through some research I found this and I hope it’s what I need. I don’t want to get the wrong thing and have to send it back. It’s a pain . I’m hoping it’s the right size GasSaf 12ft Propane Hose with Regulator -3/8 Quick Connect Disconnect Replacement for Mr. Heater Big Buddy Indoor/Outdoor Heater, Type 1 Connection x Quick Connect Fittings https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B7H5DMV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9AoVCbP7WGAWE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mak **star general
Weber kettle
Weber q
Pit barrel cooker