Author Topic: Sometimes Basic IS Just The Ticket  (Read 230 times)

Offline Dakota Don

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Sometimes Basic IS Just The Ticket
« Reply #-1 on: May 06, 2019, 10:39:59 PM »
Fired up the MES Smoker today for the first time in about 2 years. Nothing fancy, just a pre-seasoned Hormel Pork Loin. 220* for 3 hours. I added some Apple Wood chips for smoke about 30 minutes into the cook, which gave it a very nice 'kiss' of apple and smoke. The wife LOVED it. I didn't realize how much I'd missed the smoker, it's good to be getting back into it.
I want to give a special 'Thank You' to TMB  :thumbup: for helping me figure out the timing thing and 'pushing' me in the right direction.
C.B. BEESR
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
C.B. 4 Burner Infrared - Natural Gas
Holland Grill - Natural Gas

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: Sometimes Basic IS Just The Ticket
« on: May 07, 2019, 08:18:31 AM »
Fired up the MES Smoker today for the first time in about 2 years. Nothing fancy, just a pre-seasoned Hormel Pork Loin. 220* for 3 hours. I added some Apple Wood chips for smoke about 30 minutes into the cook, which gave it a very nice 'kiss' of apple and smoke. The wife LOVED it. I didn't realize how much I'd missed the smoker, it's good to be getting back into it.
I want to give a special 'Thank You' to TMB  :thumbup: for helping me figure out the timing thing and 'pushing' me in the right direction.
Just glad it worked out for you ;)    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION