Other Cooking Equipment > Cast Iron & Campfire Cooking

Calamari Steaks

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tailgating is my game:

--- Quote from: Roget on May 30, 2019, 08:28:52 PM ---That is a fantastic meal.
I eat quite a bit of deep fried calamari, but I've never had a steak.
Will have to try one.

--- End quote ---

X2   This is a first for me

sparky:
Oh man that looks good.

bamabob:
so I had no idea what a calamari steak is.  I knew that calamari refers to squid, so where do you find calamari steaks?
Looks good OH, has shrooms last night with grilled with grated parm.  should have added some onion like yours.

Old Hickory:

--- Quote from: bamabob on June 02, 2019, 03:23:58 PM ---so I had no idea what a calamari steak is.  I knew that calamari refers to squid, so where do you find calamari steaks?
Looks good OH, has shrooms last night with grilled with grated parm.  should have added some onion like yours.

--- End quote ---

Your local fish market should have them, or order them for you. They are not a problem here on the "Left Coast".

Salmonsmoker:

--- Quote from: Old Hickory on June 02, 2019, 07:11:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: bamabob on June 02, 2019, 03:23:58 PM ---so I had no idea what a calamari steak is.  I knew that calamari refers to squid, so where do you find calamari steaks?

--- End quote ---

Your local fish market should have them, or order them for you. They are not a problem here on the "Left Coast".

--- End quote ---

I think I found them at Restaurant Depot if I'm remembering right. (That's up for debate.) Bamabob, the calamari steaks usually come from Cuttlefish. They're the same kind of creature as a squid with tentacles and body, with shorter tentacles in relation to their body size, and a fatter body. There are also Humbolt Squid which are large and very aggressive. The locals fish them in the Sea of Cortez, but they're also up the west coast and occasionally as far north as the WA ST coast. When snorkeling in Maui, I've observed the cuttlefish in "hoover mode" close to the bottom in 20 ft. deep water. Google them, they're interesting, and many different kinds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version