Author Topic: New Weber Smart Grilling Hub  (Read 321 times)

Offline Pappymn

New Weber Smart Grilling Hub
« Reply #-1 on: January 06, 2020, 01:09:43 PM »
Looks interesting. Article said this device will be baked into the new pellet grill.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/01/06/webers-new-smart-grilling-hub-uses-june-tech-to-make-everyone-a-grillmaster/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: New Weber Smart Grilling Hub
« on: January 06, 2020, 07:10:52 PM »
Weber loves us and wants us to be happy
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Ka Honu

Hands-off BBQ?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 09:44:48 PM »
That Weber thingie is merely a precursor to the next BIG THING, the soon-to-be-released AutoQUE-1 (AQ-1)(currently awaiting FDA, Amazon, and T2 approval)…

* Cooks with gas, electricity, and/or wood/charcoal.

* Command operated (“AQ-1, que me a 15-pound brisket and six racks of BBRs for Saturday dinner.”).

* Calculates the required ingredients, time, and cooking profile.

* Orders meat, other ingredients, and necessary supplies via internet connection, has them delivered by drone to your BBQ area and automatically stores everything in the roomy AQ-1 storage container.

* At the appropriate times, preps the meat and moves other supplies (charcoal, pellets, etc.) to the cooker module, lights the fire and cooks the meal to order.

* Serves appropriate portions based on historical data and stored personal preferences.

* On command (“AQ-1, we’re done here”), recycles ashes, cleans grates, washes multi-use dishes and flatware, sorts & disposes of garbage (including recyclables), and reorders “pantry items” as required.

Other features still in development include a built-in, automatically stocked beer cooler/dispenser, curing module, and a side dish selection/preparation apparatus.

The "cons" are the bandwidth required for installation and tee's refusal to allow any of his roadkill recipes to be programmed in.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 11:55:45 AM »
The Turtle is wise  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 01:55:55 PM »
Weber loves us and wants us to be happy

Weber loves you and wants your money.  They have enough of mine already.  I currently own 5 Weber branded items (2 14" WSMs, 1 Jumbo Joe, a 24" Redhead, and an instant read thermometer.  I can't remember how many I have owned previously.  I am going to guess 10 more.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS