Author Topic: Caveman Vs. Pit Boss  (Read 488 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Re: Caveman Vs. Pit Boss
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2020, 09:19:20 AM »
Rg & Steph...you both are trying to get me in trouble...….those look as good as it can be.....Darn I want that new toy? Man I could use that at METLIFE for a Guardians game...I really could......It would come in handy...It would be great,,,,,,It would fit in my car...….But then I would be single

Hey how many one lbs steaks can you cook at the same time on that Puppy?  Thanks in advance

I bet you could use this at the games https://www.menards.com/main/outdoors/outdoor-recreation/camping/rv-accessories/camco-1-lb-rv-campfire-propane-adapter/59214/p-1444426142062.htm

You can cook whatever will fit on one rack. You adjust how charred you want it by lowering the rack to another level and/or lowering the temp of the infrared. It's a little guy, you'd have NO problem making it part of your tailgating setup, doesn't take up much room.

If it had two racks you could cook more steaks by rotating them as you cook them to keep them warm

I suppose you could. The one closest to the top is going to get the infrared love. When it gets toasty, move it below up and next man up!

You guys are lucky that your Home Depot's carry nice stuff. I went to Home Depot yesterday afternoon for some things I needed and as always walked through the outdoor cooking isle and only see the usual regular grills. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Cool looking little cooker! Is there anything else it does other than cook a good steak? You know.... can it bake or anything?

Where does it stand for you, is it a keeper?

Caj, I bought this online from Menards, Home Depot doesn't have anything like it that I am aware of. I did see that new cooker that Jack got up there, that thing looks legit!  I guess if you wanted to, you could bake on it, maybe a cupcake, lol. It's sole purpose really is for searing. It's a portable broiler pretty much. As far as where it stands? Yes, it's a keeper. The price point alone makes it worth it!

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline Cajunate

• Eatin Louisiana
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2020, 09:21:45 AM »

Ahhhh..... I must be thinking of that other new cooker posted.That Masterbuilt thing.
Traeger Executive 125
Broil King Keg 4000
Primo Jr. Oval
 Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot
Various Outdoor Burners and Pots
Custom made Deep Fryer
Old Fashioned Open Pit Grill

Offline RG

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2020, 09:36:15 AM »

Ahhhh..... I must be thinking of that other new cooker posted.That Masterbuilt thing.

Yep, Walmart has them, HD has them and Ace has them. Actually Amazon has them too! Smoke says they're releasing a larger one soon. I've never owned anything Masterbuilt but from what I saw yesterday at HD, they look worth the money. I know $500 ain't cheap but it's relatively inexpensive I think for what it is. All things considered, a Weber kettle is a good bit cheaper but it doesn't have the Wifi/Bluetooth connectivity and ability to control temps. That's insane for a charcoal grill like that. The technology is what you're paying for.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2020, 09:49:35 AM »
All I can say is are you single?

That comment scares me :P

After that comment, I sure hope you woke up this morning!  :D

That Caveman is an interesting little cooker.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline RG

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2020, 09:52:58 AM »
All I can say is are you single?

That comment scares me :P

After that comment, I sure hope you woke up this morning!  :D

That Caveman is an interesting little cooker.

She was in the basement on the treadmill when I asked her about that comment, she just smiled :)

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2020, 11:26:46 AM »
Rg I had it in the cart CC info up, address in all set to push the button &>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I hit the cancel button...sad but I did......Am I right the 11 pct is only good in the store as a coupon......See I need to justify not buying it lol
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 08:08:12 PM by Tailgating is my game »
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline RG

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2020, 11:44:20 AM »
Rg I had it in the cart CC info up, address in all set to push the button &>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I hit the cancel button...sad but I did......Am I right the 11 pct is only good in the store has a coupon......See I need to justify not buying it lol

I ordered online and got the rebate, sent it off yesterday in the mail. Once you order, they send your receipt with a .pdf file to print out.