Author Topic: Dented Rec Tec 340  (Read 3641 times)

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: Dented Rec Tec 340
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2020, 01:48:06 AM »
AT the price of the grill, I would ask for another one.

That dent is completely unacceptable at the price paid

just sayin

100% agreed. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2020, 12:32:34 PM »
not that I would but after this I would never buy their grill
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline slothritis

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2020, 02:11:21 PM »
not that I would but after this I would never buy their grill
I’m not either

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2020, 06:09:49 PM »
Not that I am defending Rec Tec, but there have been numerous accounts of grills being damaged in shipping. I have visited their facility and warehouse and they have dedicated personnel. Customer service is beyond reproach. They offered to replace it for you and gave you cash back when you said you would fix it or try to fix it. Checkout the Rec Tec forum or the Rec Tec owners group on Facebook and you will understand what I am saying. I own 2 of their smokers and have had absolutely no problems at all with them. Of course I didn't get mine shipped I am close enough to their headquarters and drove up there and picked them up.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2020, 09:14:15 PM »
AT the price of the grill, I would ask for another one.

That dent is completely unacceptable at the price paid

just sayin
I got cash back

Nice
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2020, 07:00:35 AM »
Not that I am defending Rec Tec, but there have been numerous accounts of grills being damaged in shipping. I have visited their facility and warehouse and they have dedicated personnel. Customer service is beyond reproach. They offered to replace it for you and gave you cash back when you said you would fix it or try to fix it. Checkout the Rec Tec forum or the Rec Tec owners group on Facebook and you will understand what I am saying. I own 2 of their smokers and have had absolutely no problems at all with them. Of course I didn't get mine shipped I am close enough to their headquarters and drove up there and picked them up.

Mike - good post. I think the impact of how freight is being (mis)handled by the carriers nowadays is not just a Rec-Tec issue. We have medical equipment arrive that the boxes look perfect....and the contents are virtually destroyed. It takes real talent to do that, I am sure. But it is not the manufacturer's fault.

Slo - Call up Rec-Tec nd explain your complete situation. Make sure they understand your health issues affecting your ability to re-pack and haul it. My gut says they will arrange for the freight company to send out an OS&D person ( Overage, Shortage and Damage ) to appraise the situation, and then follow that up with a driver in a bobtail w/lift gate to ship it back to Rec Tec. But make sure you dont wait on the call to Rec Tec or the freight company.
And - please keep us informed about this. Will be interested to know how this gets handles for you.
T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline slothritis

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2020, 10:39:07 AM »

Mike - good post. I think the impact of how freight is being (mis)handled by the carriers nowadays is not just a Rec-Tec issue. We have medical equipment arrive that the boxes look perfect....and the contents are virtually destroyed. It takes real talent to do that, I am sure. But it is not the manufacturer's fault.

Slo - Call up Rec-Tec nd explain your complete situation. Make sure they understand your health issues affecting your ability to re-pack and haul it. My gut says they will arrange for the freight company to send out an OS&D person ( Overage, Shortage and Damage ) to appraise the situation, and then follow that up with a driver in a bobtail w/lift gate to ship it back to Rec Tec. But make sure you dont wait on the call to Rec Tec or the freight company.
And - please keep us informed about this. Will be interested to know how this gets handles for you.
T
I explained everything. They wanted me to test the grill to see if it holds it’s temperature. It does. They gave me a discount on the grill. Ray suggested I fix it with a rubber mallet. I got most of the dent out and the lid closes all the way now. It’s fine.