Other Cooking Equipment > Cast Iron & Campfire Cooking

Pittsburgh Steak Salad

<< < (2/3) > >>

sliding_billy:

--- Quote from: rmalik1 on November 12, 2020, 03:21:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: sliding_billy on August 29, 2020, 01:45:50 PM ---Thin cut Chuck steak in cast iron, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, ranch and of course fries.

--- End quote ---

As a Pittsburgher looks good but not quite right. I would use NY Strip or similar steak. Lettuce and such on the bottom of plate, followed strips of steak topped with fries and dressing also the use of shredded cheese is a option. Chicken strips can replace steak even buffalo chicken strips - honey glazed....

--- End quote ---

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh living between there and NW PA until I was 40.  I tend to agree about the strip (chuck steak of on sale though), and my wife (also a 'yinzer) totally agrees about chicken.  Fries are of course what makes it "Pittsburgh" just like a Primanti Bros sandwich.  As long as you don't tell me to use cheddar instead of mozzarella, we are good with or without cheese.  I actually had it in there but forgot to mention it.

Ka Honu:

--- Quote from: rmalik1 on November 12, 2020, 03:21:08 PM ---... Chicken strips can replace steak ...
--- End quote ---

I like chicken as much as the next guy but chicken strips can NEVER replace steak. Hell, chicken strips can't even replace chicken (but they can and should replace tofu at every opportunity).

Jus' sayin'...

Tailgating is my game:

--- Quote from: Ka Honu on November 12, 2020, 07:19:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: rmalik1 on November 12, 2020, 03:21:08 PM ---... Chicken strips can replace steak ...
--- End quote ---

I like chicken as much as the next guy but chicken strips can NEVER replace steak. Hell, chicken strips can't even replace chicken (but they can and should replace tofu at every opportunity).

Jus' sayin'...

--- End quote ---

I agree! Steak that is what goes in this meal

pmillen:
You have contributed to my education.  (That's one of the reasons I come here.)

Walleyewacker:
Yummy  greens grease and protein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version