Author Topic: Had a good Weber week  (Read 2732 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Had a good Weber week
« Reply #-1 on: October 12, 2013, 05:14:29 PM »
I put the 18.5 WSM on craigslist earlier this week. Too small. Need the 22.5. Whoa, nothing Weber lasts very long on Craigslist. Filtered through the ads and talked to a guy who had a new 22.5 he hasn't used. Said it was to big for him would I like to trade?

Heck yeah I want to trade. Tossed the 18.5 in the back of the truck and brought this home:

Last night my neighbor came by. She has a 10 year old Weber gasser and a green 22.5 kettle with rotisserie. She says I got a grill for my kettle. It is too heavy for me. I haven't used yet would you like it?

I run across the street and went Heck Yeah I want it:

I had a good Weber week
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 05:18:54 PM by smokeasaurus »
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Sam3

Re: Had a good Weber week
« on: October 12, 2013, 05:17:54 PM »
Very nice smoke. Can't wait to see some cooks with the new toy!
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline Pappymn

Had a good Weber week
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 05:23:26 PM »
Never understood how a grill can be too big?

Are those the Craycort grates?
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 05:23:33 PM »
dude, score.  you got a 22 WSM and craycourts grates.  you lucky b@st@d.  i need to find a deal like that.  I love my 22 over my 18.  that's not true.  my 18 just isn't seasoned enough.  the 18 is great for 2 racks of ribs (flat), abt's, yardbirds, butts, little briskies and chuckies.  lol, i guess i like my 18 too.   8)

smoke i will send ya that extra grommet and some spices next week.  use the grommet for your wires on your new baby.   you got a great weber kettle and the Cadillac of WSM.  your doing alright.  8)
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 05:34:50 PM »
Nice score.I need to find a new neighborhood 'cause I never get deals like that.
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 05:58:08 PM »
She got the grates for a Christmas gift and they were too heavy for her. Still in the box.
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »
dude, score.  you got a 22 WSM and craycourts grates.  you lucky b@st@d.  i need to find a deal like that.  I love my 22 over my 18.  that's not true.  my 18 just isn't seasoned enough.  the 18 is great for 2 racks of ribs (flat), abt's, yardbirds, butts, little briskies and chuckies.  lol, i guess i like my 18 too.   8)

smoke i will send ya that extra grommet and some spices next week.  use the grommet for your wires on your new baby.   you got a great weber kettle and the Cadillac of WSM.  your doing alright.  8)

Thanks Spark. any drilling required for that grommet??
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 06:22:44 PM »

your only going to make the hole were the strap is bolted a little bigger.  I will send a a drill bit too to fit the grommet.  I will send them out next week. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline RAD

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 06:24:53 PM »

almost like your picking a favorite kid and just realized it, just saying... ::)
Love to cook and eat

Offline hikerman

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 06:33:22 PM »
Good for you Smoke!  Great score!!!!!  8)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 07:26:48 PM »

your only going to make the hole were the strap is bolted a little bigger.  I will send a a drill bit too to fit the grommet.  I will send them out next week.

Thanks Bro  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline veryolddog

• New Braunfels, Texas
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 07:29:48 PM »
You are on your way to being the Weber Man. You and Sparky1 should form a new competition team called Weber Men and bring your WSM's and Kettles to the competitions and outdoor everyone on brisket and ribs.

Ed
An empty grill or pan is a blank canvas on which you can create like an artist!
Yoder YS480 Pellet Smoker and Yoder Cheyenne Stick Burner
Weber 22.5 OTG and Kettlepizza
Just an old Marine who remembers.

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 07:33:38 PM »
Thanks VOD.  I got some catchin up to do before I team up with Sparky. He makes his Webers purr..............
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Offline Sam3

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 07:35:23 PM »
You are on your way to being the Weber Man. You and Sparky1 should form a new competition team called Weber Men and bring your WSM's and Kettles to the competitions and outdoor everyone on brisket and ribs.

Ed

X2.
MAK 1 Star #385
Bradley OBS w/mods
WSM 22.5
Weber Platinum
Char Broil BEESR
La Caja China
Pit Barrel Cooker

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 07:54:54 PM »

almost like your picking a favorite kid and just realized it, just saying... ::)

I don't have a favorite kid.  I want them all to move out.   :P
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66