Author Topic: Mother's Day Pollo in Pane  (Read 512 times)

Offline hikerman

Mother's Day Pollo in Pane
« Reply #-1 on: May 11, 2014, 08:57:31 PM »
When I was a youngster my Italian grandmother made a version of this dish on special occasions. Pollo in Pane is Italian for chicken that is baked inside of bread. Good Tuscan bread. I had no recipe from her, but thought it would be a nice tribute to Grandma Kate if I located one. As luck would have it I had one in a Giuliano Bugialli cook book. This chicken is stuffed with sauteed carrot, garlic, mushroom, onion, and prosciutto. The bird is browned, then the veggies are stuffed into the bird. The Tuscan bread that was started is flattened, the bird placed atop along with any veggies left over, and wrapped up into the bread dough. I liberally used Mo Rockin' and Way Out West on the chicken before sealing it all up. This was placed on a half sheet pan and tossed onto the pellet grill at 400F for 60-70 min. At 50 min into the cook a pan of asparagus with EVOO,WOW, and garlic was tossed on grill as well. It came out real nice, very tasty, and everyone loved it, but it was not as good as Grandma Kate's. I'm not surprised.....how could it be!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there and to the memory of those that aren't with us anymore.   ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Re: Mother's Day Pollo in Pane
« on: May 11, 2014, 09:36:27 PM »
WOWIE!!!! :P
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline aliengriller

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 09:50:22 PM »
Very creative--reconstruct a memory and have it turn out that well!    You are to be commended.  Looks delicious.

Offline Pappymn

Mother's Day Pollo in Pane
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 10:00:49 PM »
That is a crazy creative dish. I like it. Way to go.
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 11:04:34 PM »
Never seen anything like the before but it looks very good ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 11:09:42 PM »
WOW!!!   That is one outstanding looking plate.   ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 01:57:04 AM »
Great cook!
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 06:51:57 AM »
Utterly fantastic Gene! Very creative and I bet your grandmother would be proud!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 08:19:11 AM »
That is SO cool, Gene. I bet it was delicious!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #