Author Topic: A late ham  (Read 5481 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Re: A late ham
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 11:59:55 AM »
Looks delicious David!!! Now you got me hungry for ham, I had c-ribs for Easter. Don
Great sides too!!!
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 12:05:30 PM »
David, that is a beautiful ham and that plate of delicious hammy goodness makes me hungry.

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 02:18:22 PM »
That looks awful!

Whatever you do, DON'T EAT IT!  I'LL SAVE YOU! 

I'll be right over to remove it from your kitchen.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 02:27:21 PM »
That looks awful!

Whatever you do, DON'T EAT IT!  I'LL SAVE YOU! 

I'll be right over to remove it from your kitchen.

Don't fall for it D-Holly....this is one of the oldest tricks in the books  ;D ;D   You better give me the ham for safe keeping  ;) ;)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 02:44:08 PM »
Paul and Smoke, y'all better hurry up. Sandwiches tonight and Leek, Ham and Potato soup tomorrow compliments to Willy.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 03:12:25 PM »
Hey, Old Smoke loves leftovers.... :P :P
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 03:16:08 PM »
Hey, Old Smoke loves leftovers.... :P :P

Will set a plate for you! Always welcome.
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 04:00:41 PM »
I like maple smoke for smoked sausage a lot, so I bet that Hickory/Maple combo smelled and tasted great on that ham. 
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 08:17:23 PM »
I like maple smoke for smoked sausage a lot, so I bet that Hickory/Maple combo smelled and tasted great on that ham.

Oh boy it did. The original smoke (per the label) was hickory. The additional hickory with the added maple added just a nice sweet touch of smoke (the FS&B and Super Pig helped as well!) - my family does not like big smoke and this was just right. Both the dog (Roscoe) and I just sat outside and smelled the smoke - it was very nice. I normally am a pecan smoke guy, but this was very nice. It was funny to watch Roscoe keep sticking his nose toward the vents on the smoker and "sniffing" the smoke...  ;D
Member #

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 10:17:15 PM »
That looks delicious !    You could just put some tape over the name on that smoker.... We wouldn't figure it out...
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 10:28:19 PM »
That looks delicious !    You could just put some tape over the name on that smoker.... We wouldn't figure it out...

Oh heck!

OK - It was a Char Broil experiment. I had one of the original vertical electric smokers - Pam has one too. We both suffered through the original problem with the door. This one is SOLID! I love it. Much different from the original - more "heft", easy to use, the door works, it is a super smoker. They originally talked about a $199 price point - I would have snapped that up in a heart beat.

It is leak free, easy to use and makes good food. If they asked for it back I would offer to pay to keep it. They should commercialize it. It may be a manufacturing / cost issue because it is so much better than what they offer right now. Tried to talk with the product manager but, he is gone two times over... too bad... 

Lucky me! I love this smoker.

Member #