Author Topic: KARUBECUE has landed  (Read 176283 times)

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: KARUBECUE has landed
« Reply #479 on: August 16, 2016, 08:43:15 AM »
I hate when that happens...of course Fed-X tracking is still a bit shady if you ask me................
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #480 on: August 16, 2016, 10:09:58 AM »
Well I am having a little bit of a buzzkill this morning. When I ordered the KBQ on Saturday, Bill quickly sent me tracking inifo and it said it would be to me on Wednesday. I just checked tracking and it hasn't even left Texas yet, basically it's only had a shipping label created and didn't ship out Monday like expected :(

Bummer. I hope it  makes it by the weekend.

They might have shipped it already and the tracking just has not been updated yet...

Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Histrix

« Reply #481 on: August 16, 2016, 10:46:23 AM »
Had the same experience when I ordered mine. It seemed like no transport activity for a couple of days.

My guess is that what happens is that smaller vendors are able to instantly generate a shipping label/tracking number but it may be another day or two before FedEx or UPS actually takes hold of the package.

Keep in mind that FedEx Ground is not their high priority delivery option so it may sit waiting its turn for truck space a little longer also.

Offline MarkinJHawkland

• Go Jayhawks
« Reply #482 on: August 16, 2016, 04:55:59 PM »
Hey Regular Guy,

Question for you. How did you get the 12 months interest free from Amazon? I was looking but didn't see that option.

And to the OP your food looks amazing. I'm sort of sorry I found this thread but not really. Looks like the Karubeque is on my short list of things to get.

Thanks,
Mark

Histrix

« Reply #483 on: August 16, 2016, 05:06:32 PM »
Hey Regular Guy,

Question for you. How did you get the 12 months interest free from Amazon? I was looking but didn't see that option.

And to the OP your food looks amazing. I'm sort of sorry I found this thread but not really. Looks like the Karubeque is on my short list of things to get.

Thanks,
Mark

Go to this Amazon page and you can see the offers for their in store card - https://www.amazon.com/iss/credit/storecardmember/ref=nav_shopall_credit_plcc?_encoding=UTF8&plattr=PLCCGNO

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #484 on: August 16, 2016, 06:15:07 PM »
Bingo! We've had an account (store card) with them for ages. Their interest rate is insane so I usually pay it off rather quickly but when they have these "special promotions" I utilize it :)

Otherwise I would have just bought it but this way it was a tool to sell it to the warden. She likes the idea of three payments of $500.00 better than letting it all go at once. To me, it's all the same but hey, whatever works! It got me a KBQ so for that I am thankful, lol.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline MarkinJHawkland

• Go Jayhawks
« Reply #485 on: August 16, 2016, 06:54:02 PM »
Thanks guys,

I had a feeling that was the case. I would have to un-freeze my credit to apply. Will just buy it outright but I'll only feel the hurt once right?  ???

This place is bad. You people are all enablers. ;) I haven't even taken delivery of my MAK yet and I'm looking at other cookers! But the Karubecue would be nice for when I want to play with fire..........

Thanks again,
Mark

Offline 1Bigg_ER

« Reply #486 on: August 16, 2016, 10:51:58 PM »
This place has the worst great company!
KARUBECUE!!
Weber WSM 14.5
Weber Performer Platinum
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5 AKA Big Worm
PBC AKA The chicken whisperer

Offline RG

« Reply #487 on: August 17, 2016, 01:05:19 AM »
My impatience got the best of me so I e-mailed Bill to ask about the tracking, to see if it had even been shipped yet. Unfortunately it has NOT been shipped. This is the response I got :

"Hi Jason, due to a miscommunication between me and my delivery driver (my 17-y.o. son), your pit is still sitting in my garage. Please accept my apologies!
It will be picked up by FedEx tomorrow morning. It think you'll have it on Friday.
Kind regards,
Bill"

I told him :

"Bummer. It is what it is"

LOL, at least I'll have it by the weekend knock on wood.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline RG

« Reply #488 on: August 19, 2016, 07:36:18 AM »
I just checked tracking and it says "On FedEx Vehicle For Delivery"

;D ;D ;D

Offline RG

« Reply #489 on: August 19, 2016, 11:07:22 AM »

Offline dalefipp

« Reply #490 on: August 20, 2016, 02:15:44 PM »
My second cook on the KBQ starts with BBQ Chicken and continues with ribs and pork shoulder.  This bird is delicious and completely sticky.  I went with a BBQ mop sauce every 15 minutes after the first hour.  I had the thermostat maxed out until I saw the grill temp probe inside reach 400... :o I backed off of it a little then and maintained 330 - 350. I think the skin is perfect this time.

Dale
KARUBECUE! - arrived
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
Charbroil Infrared Grill

Offline dalefipp

« Reply #491 on: August 20, 2016, 05:38:00 PM »
Pork ribs on KBQ, 5 hours at 210 - 230, no sauce or wrapping while on the smoker. Still 2nd cook day...

Dale

KARUBECUE! - arrived
Masterbuilt Electric Smoker
Charbroil Infrared Grill

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #492 on: August 20, 2016, 06:58:03 PM »
My second cook on the KBQ starts with BBQ Chicken and continues with ribs and pork shoulder.  This bird is delicious and completely sticky.  I went with a BBQ mop sauce every 15 minutes after the first hour.  I had the thermostat maxed out until I saw the grill temp probe inside reach 400... :o I backed off of it a little then and maintained 330 - 350. I think the skin is perfect this time.

Dale

:) :) :) :) :) :)   get her fired up  8)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline RG

« Reply #493 on: August 21, 2016, 07:19:58 AM »
I have no pictures of the KBQ's first cook. It was 6 whole chickens for a friend. I not only have no pics to share but I don't even know if it was good or not, lol. I hung three of them from hooks ala PBC style and the other three I put on top of the grate that the chickens were hanging from. Cooked them at around 300° the whole time. It smelled good at least!

In just a few minutes I am about to throw a 10.xx (before trimming) packer brisket on there to do a comparison cook. We have a 15.xx (beofre trimming) packer on the Smokin-It #3 as I type this. Went on last night. I will be cooking the KBQ a little hotter to compensate the time difference. We'll see how it goes! There WILL be pictures this time!