Author Topic: Hasty Bake scratch and dent sale.  (Read 546 times)

Offline 70monte

Hasty Bake scratch and dent sale.
« Reply #-1 on: August 17, 2018, 06:57:23 PM »
So the Hasty Bake scratch and dent sale is coming up soon.  August 30- September 1st.  So is anyone planning on taking advantage of this sale and has anyone ever bought anything during this sale in the past?

I have an older 60's pre-legacy HB but kind of want a stainless steel legacy instead.  I was thinking of going to this sale or at least calling to see what they have but I'm undecided.  I obviously don't need one but then again, I don't need most of the cookers that I have.

I have also heard that the stainless steel models at this sale don't come with the stainless steel grates which to me if this is true, would kind of ruin the deal for me.
Weber Genesis 1000 gas grill
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall

Offline rwalters

Hasty Bake scratch and dent sale.
« on: August 17, 2018, 10:46:35 PM »
I am tempted every year.

Every year I resist.

The sale is the best price you will find. Period!

Most of the grills have blemishes that are very minor.

Although not 100% certain, I am pretty confident that you can talk them into SS cooking grates if you are nice :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 01:23:43 AM by rwalters »
MAK 2 Star #3236, Weber 26.75" kettle, 36" Blackstone griddle, 17" Blackstone griddle.

I am not a vegetarian, but I eat animals that are... :-)

Offline jimsbarbecue

Re: Hasty Bake scratch and dent sale.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 12:58:14 AM »
We got one last year stainless gourmet and had it shipped to California

Offline 70monte

Re: Hasty Bake scratch and dent sale.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 08:30:19 PM »
I talked to someone today that went to it last year and he said he remembered that they had a sign saying that the stainless grills did not come with the stainless grates so I guess if you want those, you have to pay extra which in some cases will negate the savings.

If this is indeed true, it makes no sense to me since they are supposed to be reducing the price because of exterior blemishes.

If I decide to get a new stainless steel model at some point, I will just wait until they have a 20% off regular sale that they usually have around the holidays and get the grill with everything it is supposed to have.
Weber Genesis 1000 gas grill
2007 Weber Performer
1995 Weber Performer
18" Weber Jumbo Joe.
14" Smokey Joe
Weber Gas Anywhere
Weber Charcoal anywhere
PBC
PK grill
PK 360
The Good One Open Range
The Good One Marshall