Author Topic: Change of Plans  (Read 1310 times)

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: Change of Plans
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2020, 07:23:05 PM »
I saw a brand new Weber pellet grill at Lowe's last night for $999.00. Can't think of the model. Looks nice! Too big for traveling use I think.

Those weber pellet grills suck a$$.  Don't waste your money.  Or buy one and a couple fire extinguishers.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2020, 07:43:26 PM »
I saw a brand new Weber pellet grill at Lowe's last night for $999.00. Can't think of the model. Looks nice! Too big for traveling use I think.

Those weber pellet grills suck a$$.  Don't waste your money.  Or buy one and a couple fire extinguishers.

Well, I bought the 26er  based solely on your recommendation and that was the best advice I've gotten.  So, Weber Pellet = Bad ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline Pappymn

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2020, 08:22:06 PM »
What sparky said. Weber came out of the gate poorly with the new grill. I wouldn't buy one now if ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline Lines

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2020, 10:27:09 PM »
Glad I posted about the Weber pellet grill. Good to know. Learn a lot in this forum. Thanks guys.

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2020, 11:59:39 AM »
Smoker Pete comes to mind...I think he is a "mobile" BBQer....

Yes, you can qualify me as a "mobile" BBQer. We spend at least 4-6 months on the road with our Class A Motorhome (limited right now due to Covid-19 issues). I carry my Green Mountain Davy Crockett WiFi Control Portable Wood Pellet Grill with us.

Have smoked/cooked some great meals on the road. I love the smell of Hickory in the morning!! It's a great conversation starter. I've never had anyone complain about the smoke.

I've been primarily a Weber guy, doing most of my cooing on the 26er.  But I figured a pellet grill would be the better choice for the mobile lifestyle.

As I get closer to the decision, I'd like to lean on your experience before settling in on a Class A.  (Pellet Pooper as well ! ! !)

BD

Any time BD. I've owned a couple Class A motorhomes and just bought a 2020 Tiffin Phaeton 40 IH. I've also written "The Wood Pellet Smoker & Grill Cookbook" which has now sold over 45,000 copies ... Maybe down the road I'll be able to answer a few questions.
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG