Author Topic: My Anniversary!  (Read 8757 times)

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
My Anniversary!
« Reply #-1 on: November 25, 2020, 04:33:57 AM »
Today is my anniversary. I joined this forum exactly nine years ago on this date in 2011. Teesquare, TMB, and Pam were  1,2, and 3. ACW3 was #11. I was #14. And LostArrow was #15. We all moved over from CharBroil's Sizzle On The Grill forum when it started going away.

I just wanted to thank Tim for his efforts and financial support to keep this great forum moving forward in a positive manner. I have made many friends since 2011. All of the above members met for the first time in Augusta at our first Gathering in Sept. 2011. They have all become close friends. We had Gatherings once a year for 4 years in Augusta at Clark's Hill Lake. Then we moved the Gatherings to Backyard Jack's in Byron, GA where we have 2 cookouts a year. They aren't as big as Augusta but more intimate. Jaxon and Deb are the best hosts and we thank them for opening their home for us to get together.

Then this year happened and we postponed both of our cookouts until next spring. I sure miss seeing everybody. (I don't miss Tim as much because we had lunch together last week. He looks better in a mask.) Now, we are all just waiting for spring to show up so we can meet again. I'm just feeling nostalgia for those happy days.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Re: My Anniversary!
« on: November 25, 2020, 08:24:19 AM »
Has it been that long?   Dang life goes by fast!

I remember being in a hotel in GA while at school for work when Tee and I were talking about the old site and Tee's vision of what he wanted to do to keep the "GANG" and all the newer folks together.  He said way to much info just to let slip away and to many friendships made there

Folks like you Don and the rest that keep me here and feeling like we are all family 
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 10:28:20 AM »
I can remember my first Gathering in Augusta which was September 2013. Dee invited me after finding out I lived fairly close. I have met a lot of awesome people the past 7 years both in person and on this forum. I was also looking forward to our get together at Jaxon's this year but since it was postponed hopefully we can do it in the spring.
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 10:45:30 AM »
Happy Anniversary, Don!!  My BBQ/smoking/grilling experiences have been special to me.  It afforded me the opportunity to meet a lot of like-minded people.  Even the "Turtle". 

I am looking forward to the next time we can get together.  Everyone stay safe and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Art 
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 10:51:00 AM »
Happy Anniversary!!
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 11:38:57 AM »
... Even the "Turtle". 

I'm glad you value my presence and opinions (to which we all know your are entitled). Now if you could only talk SWMBO into being as appreciative (although I must admit she's usually pretty nice to me on Veterans Day).

OBTW, thanks tee - you done good.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 12:32:20 PM »
Happy Turkey Day to all of my friends that I have met and have yet to meet...I loved our Augusta Gatherings  and Ohio Gatherings and made the best friends there.  Happy Happy.    .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ. 
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 01:22:09 PM »
Today is my anniversary. I joined this forum exactly nine years ago on this date in 2011. Teesquare, TMB, and Pam were  1,2, and 3. ACW3 was #11. I was #14. And LostArrow was #15. We all moved over from CharBroil's Sizzle On The Grill forum when it started going away.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Boy you were all so young.......lol

It is a great site but i do miss the people that are not with us anymore. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone old & new
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 07:37:39 PM »
I don't know why I was so slow to sign on here.  I think I was saving up enough for the fees that T wanted to charge me.
This has been a great experience for me and a great way for me to showcase my talents and skills - see my previous posts.
If you guys will be patient, we hope to have a cookout in the Spring.  If we can pull it together, it will be a Cookout to remember.
In this picture, I am giving Don (IR2DUM) a prize for being the person who drove the farthest to attend.  It was at this first cookout that he and I became good friends.  We still talk on the phone 4 or 5 times a month. 
Of course, I have a number of good fiends on this forum, but since Don started this thread, he is my close friend.
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline Ka Honu

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 11:18:39 PM »
...Of course, I have a number of good fiends on this forum, but since Don started this thread, he is my close friend.

I think that makes him a "friendly fiend."
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 07:50:51 AM »
...Of course, I have a number of good fiends on this forum, but since Don started this thread, he is my close friend.

I think that makes him a "friendly fiend."

I was thinking of you when I used that word as a test of sorts.  I figgered YOU would be the one to spot it and comment. LOL! 
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 02:13:49 PM »
Happy Anniversary ... Time flies when you're having fun!!

Don't know what number I was but I joined the Forum on December 15, 2011  8)
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2020, 06:00:56 PM »
I am just happy, and grateful that this forum has become "home base" for so many folks. Making, and growing so many friendships ( and fiendships I suppose... :D ) has has been more rewarding than I had believed when we started this place.

Thank YOU ALL for making LTBBQ work.

T
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2020, 01:59:31 AM »
Happy Anniversary ... Time flies when you're having fun!!

Don't know what number I was but I joined the Forum on December 15, 2011  8)

smoker pete, you are #44.

By my estimated guess, I think we have 2,508 members. Some have come and gone and some have passed away....SmokinDon, DRHolly, TwoPockets, and Phil LaMarche come to mind. I'm not sure if Barry"CB" Martin was ever a member here, but we all knew him and loved him. Rest in Peace guys and know that you are all missed.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 02:42:31 AM by IR2dum »

Offline MJSBBQ

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2020, 06:11:52 AM »
Great site with wonderful people. I read it daily and have learned so much through the years! I don't post much, but enjoy it never the less!