Welcome Center > New Member Introductions

<< < (2/2)

Cajunate:
Welcome from southeast Louisiana!

TMB:
Hi Harald and welcome to the forum.   The Tommy Ring is a 4 in tall cake run that raises the basket up from the bottom this get the food out of what I call the dead zone.   See the SRG and The Big Easy heat the chamber to produce infrared to cook with.  The problem is the heat element leaves a small space that I call the dead spot ,  very little heat so by raising up the basket you get into the sweet spot    So that is the Tommy Ring in a nut shell.

pmillen:
Welcome aboard.  I don't have an SRG or a Big Easy, so I'm no help to you but I recalled this post that you may find useful.

Harald:

--- Quote from: TMB on February 25, 2024, 05:15:01 PM ---Hi Harald and welcome to the forum.   The Tommy Ring is a 4 in tall cake run that raises the basket up from the bottom this get the food out of what I call the dead zone.   See the SRG and The Big Easy heat the chamber to produce infrared to cook with.  The problem is the heat element leaves a small space that I call the dead spot ,  very little heat so by raising up the basket you get into the sweet spot    So that is the Tommy Ring in a nut shell.

--- End quote ---

Ah I see, I will have to give that a try sometime.

GG-STL:
WELCOME from STL
I have learned so much from this GREAT web site ENJOY

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version