Author Topic: The video you've been waiting for...  (Read 39448 times)

Offline Jaxon

The video you've been waiting for...
« Reply #-1 on: December 05, 2015, 04:18:42 PM »
I went out and shot some video today so I could show you some of the ways the F B (short for fire butler) can be utilized on your Weber 22".
This isn't a "how to" video, just a few minutes out on the deck checkin' it out.  It is NOT the official video of F B (LOL), but I hope to give you a clearer picture of what I've done with it so far.

what may not be included in the clip:
1.  expand the cooking surface
2.  line the hibachi with foil for easier cleanup
3.  there is plenty of room for the fire to breathe with the hibachi in place.  In fact, I have measured almost 450* when I got the fire going good.

*** Note this ***  if you want the hibachi REALLY HOT, put sear plate (the one with all the holes) in place and dump your hot coals thereon.  Give it just a few minutes and it'll get there.
Now, get a bag of popcorn and watch the show...

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 08:43:01 AM by Jaxon »
<><
You're at the top of the food chain...eat like it!

Offline tomcrete1

Re: The video you've been waiting for...
« on: December 05, 2015, 04:46:26 PM »
That's first time I've seen that, what a great idea and a awesome video  :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 04:50:35 PM »

Thanx, Tom, but I've seen your videos and they ARE awesome.  I'm just a backyard jack.

just sayin'...
<><

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 06:25:31 PM »
Excellent video Jack! Just a couple of questions. What about wood? Would you put a chunk or 2 on
the lit and then maybe mix some with the dry charcoal? I am thinking this would be the setup for
a long low and slow.  I did not see anything about wood on the FB channel and haven't seen anyone
inquire yet. Also what did you use to season your wok? I know that FB uses grapeseed oil as he showed
that in his cleaning video. 

I guess I will be doing some experimenting next week when mine gets here. I will be calling or texting you
for help.

Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 06:55:02 PM »
Nice video.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 08:33:18 PM »

Thanx, Tom, but I've seen your videos and they ARE awesome.  I'm just a backyard jack.

just sayin'...
Backyard Jack is awesome and has more experience then tomcrete27 any day of the week!  :) :)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline tomcrete1

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 08:34:28 PM »
Just sayin.... :) :) ;)
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 09:25:21 PM »
Very good video Jack. I am thinking you could add chips throughout the unlit charcoal to get steady smoke.....whatcha think??
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 10:04:29 PM »
Chips Ahoy, Smoke...

I would put chips or chunks throughout if I were going to smoke...pretty much like a conventional setup.  I'm sure Mike will be showing how that's done next week about this time.  I hit the highlights with this video.  As we get more experience with it, I'm sure some great cooks and pics will come forth.

Of all people, I expect the folks on this forum to come up with some great ideas and options for this product.  Like most everything else we use, there are not "rules" are there?  just guidelines...

For seasoning, Mike, I use LARD on cast iron and I used it on the hibachi.  That's a guideline - not a rule.  Just treat it like you would cast iron.

just sayin'...
<><

Offline FireButler

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 09:35:47 AM »
     So I am new to the site & first thing is I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Troy Nadal owner & inventor of the Fire Butler. Definitely goin take some time getting used to these forums & these type of websites. So please excuse me if I am not properly set up yet? Or Responding promptly? Or for that matter even in the correct place? It was brought to my attention that the Fire Butler was a topic on Lttbbq so naturally I had to check it out. I will tell you that the respect & just overall courtesy regarding Q&A's of new products & just questions in general is what caught my attention. People on this site are obviously not out to bash other products or speak negative towards one another & for that reason I had to join. Tim Tucker has been great & I couldn't be happier to be a sponsor to this website. Back Yard Jack, Jaxon or Jack or whatever the Jack you call yourself? hahaha! Thankyou so much for your interest in my product. Thankyou for taking the time to put a video together to share. Along with all the others that have been asking about the FB. All that being said, there are a few things Jack touched on that may still be a lil unclear (WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO YOU JACK. THANKYOU!) I am desperately trying to finish some quick instructional videos on the web. Some might say I have put the cart before the horse? but We are starting to catch it. Regarding the grease pan, typically this is not an issue as Jack mentioned but another simple fix is to put a shallow pan in the lid/hibachi below your food before you foil the pan & simply poke a small hole directly in the center. Personally anything I'm smoking that will drip that much will be cooked in a pan primarily for the au jus & for a simple clean up. Also as Jack mentioned, to stretch foil across the pan will minimize the infared type cook you get while cooking indirect/smoking low & slow. Although, when you would like that infared type cook when smoking/cooking indirect you can also put foil down in the pan & this will make for a much easier clean up as well. As far as the searing/grilling plate (the 6x6 plate with the holes) simply set that in place before you dump your coals in then your ready to grill or use the Hibachi pretty quick. Always treat the Hibachi like your Grandmas old cast iron pan. It must be seasoned initially then kept oiled after each cook. As any new toy there is definitely a slight learning curve with the Fire Butler. So far, All have told me that it only took a few cooks to start getting the hang of it. As most of you on here already know how too, its typically about timing the Fire according to your cook & starting with the proper size Fire. I can do low & slow cooks starting with as lil as about a quart of lit charcoal. One concern that has been brought to my attention is achieving a hotter fire quicker which I have a very simple solution. At the risk of confusing anyone I think I will let this play out for now. I will say its as easy as elevating the lid/hibachi about an 1/8th". Thanks again to all of you! I will gladly answer any ones questions on here or You can contact me personally on my cell. If you would text me ahead of time with your information &/or question if possible? I will call you back to you asap. 352-476-2732. For those interested please visit www.firebutler.com You can Like our Face Book page & search You Tube for videos under Fire Butler. I believe Old Dave may have started the interest here on lttbbq so Thanks to You! & Thanks again to Back Yard Jack! looking forward to keeping up......... Fire Butler

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 09:43:27 AM »
Jack very good video and that looks to be a very well made product. Will be interested in seeing more of your videos about it.

Troy welcome to the forum as a sponsor I am sure you will feel right at home here.
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 03:40:36 PM »
Jack nice video and a good example of how it works!

Once you placed the Hibachi on the grill first thought in my mind was INFRARED cooker and a nice infrared smoker  ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline Jaxon

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 04:03:18 PM »
Jack nice video and a good example of how it works!

Once you placed the Hibachi on the grill first thought in my mind was INFRARED cooker and a nice infrared smoker  ;)

We learned about infra-red many years ago with TBE.  It continues to be such an effective way to to get the job done.
<><

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 01:17:50 PM »
Excellent video, Jack! Great demo and explanation. You are going to love flat top burgers - make 'em thin and get some crispy edges. The hibachi looks like it will be perfect for Philly Cheese Steaks as well - Once I get my Blackstone sold, this will be my next investment!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline RAD

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 01:46:37 PM »
Nice video Jackson, and I see a true Pittsburgh seared steak coming your way.

Troy, welcome and what you said about the site is why I'm here. I've had the opportunity to meet several members and everyone is great. You can tell by the post that we have a great bunch.
Love to cook and eat