Author Topic: Tropical Fruit Jerk Tilapia Wraps  (Read 1308 times)

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
Tropical Fruit Jerk Tilapia Wraps
« Reply #-1 on: December 21, 2017, 07:21:31 PM »
While I guess technically this isn't a cook in an air fryer since I didn't use the air fryer mode, I did cook this in a device that has the option of air frying.  Quite a versatile piece of cooking equipment.

Used the Cuisinart Toaster Oven/Air Fryer to make some Tropical Tilapia Wraps.  For a quick easy cleanup covered the baking tray with foil, sprayed with Pam.  Coated the tilapia with some of the Spiceologist Rasta Rub and convection baked at 375*. 

While baking put the wrap on the toaster rack for heating

A few minutes before done switched to convection broil mode and coated the tilapia with the habanero sauce and put the wrap in the lower position

A few minutes later the fish was on the wrap and covered with tropical fruits

Nothing like a flaky fish with fruit in a wrap for a handle

that oven heats and cooks quick, total time for this was around 10 minutes.  Really liking this oven/air fryer.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:09:25 PM by bamabob »
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline tomcrete1

Re: Tropical Fruit Jerk Tilapia Wraps
« on: December 21, 2017, 07:40:08 PM »
Lookin good! That Cuisinart is getting a work out!  :thumbup:
Webber Spirit
Visions Ceramic
PBC
King Griller Akorn
Big Easy SRG
Big Easy
Rec Tec Mini
PK Grill
Cook Air Grill
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 28" Griddle
Power Air Fryer XL
Copper 22.5" Weber Kettle
Green 22.5" Weber Kettle
Black 22.5" Weber Kettle
22" Modified Old Smokey
DeLonghi 1363 Multifryer

Offline Smokin Soon

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 09:56:11 PM »
That oven must be popular, out of stock most places. Looking at the Breville, but a bit pricey.
Traeger 070
2 Big Easy's

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 06:14:02 PM »
That oven must be popular, out of stock most places. Looking at the Breville, but a bit pricey.

I was just lucky to find mine.  Amazon was out of stock, I just happened to check again and the one i got was just listed on warehouse deals for $153.  Had seen the Breville but I agree, $400 is a little pricey.  Seems to be very similar to the Cuisinart.
The Cuisinart has a 3 year warranty plus the Cuisinart reputation.  It really is a versatile piece of equipment. 

If I hadn't got the deal from Amazon I was going to wait until they were back in stock after Christmas and get one.  I don't think I would have bought a dedicated air fryer as it would have spent much of its time in storage.  I've used the Cuisinart quite often as an oven or broiler.  Easy cleanup.  So far I am very satisfied after getting over the short learning curve.
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4