FORUM SPONSORS > A-MAZE-N PRODUCTS

Best way to start AMAZEN smoke tube

(1/4) > >>

zueth:
I have read the best way to start it is with a blow torch, what have others found? I have a new one coming on monday.

TMB:
Blow torch work great and I have started them with a few drops of lighter fluid on the first couple of pellets and that work ok but the torch works best for me

Pappymn:
Blow torch works for me

TentHunteR:
Blow torch, and make sure your pit can get some air or you'll have a hard time keeping it lit.  Sometimes I will prop the lid open just a crack using a pellet or two.

Agustine:
Take your tube smoker and fill it up to the amount you think you are going to need for your cook. Take those pellets and zap them in a microwave for 1 minute intervals. After the second zap keep a eye on the pellets as they tend to smoke. Nothing major but you need to watch them. This drys them out so lighting them is a no brainer. It does not matter if you bought the best pellets on the market they all have moisture in them making starting hard. I have been using this process for over 6 years now and it works. No more coming out to the smoker and seeing the tubesmoker not smoking :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version