FORUM SPONSORS > A-MAZE-N PRODUCTS

Best way to start AMAZEN smoke tube

<< < (2/4) > >>

TMB:

--- Quote from: Agustine on March 24, 2018, 06:25:56 PM ---Take your tube smoker and fill it up to the amount you think you are going to need for your cook. Take those pellets and zap them in a microwave for 1 minute intervals. After the second zap keep a eye on the pellets as they tend to smoke. Nothing major but you need to watch them. This drys them out so lighting them is a no brainer. It does not matter if you bought the best pellets on the market they all have moisture in them making starting hard. I have been using this process for over 6 years now and it works. No more coming out to the smoker and seeing the tubesmoker not smoking :)

--- End quote ---
Good advice    I have been known to fill a tube up and leave it in the Rec Tec during warm up this does help  before lighting :thumbup:

Roget:
I bought an AMAZEN tube a couple months ago & have never tried it out.
Thanx for the tips on how to start it when I do.  :) :)

teesquare:

--- Quote from: Agustine on March 24, 2018, 06:25:56 PM ---Take your tube smoker and fill it up to the amount you think you are going to need for your cook. Take those pellets and zap them in a microwave for 1 minute intervals. After the second zap keep a eye on the pellets as they tend to smoke. Nothing major but you need to watch them. This drys them out so lighting them is a no brainer. It does not matter if you bought the best pellets on the market they all have moisture in them making starting hard. I have been using this process for over 6 years now and it works. No more coming out to the smoker and seeing the tubesmoker not smoking :)

--- End quote ---

GREAT TIP!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

zueth:
I have a MAPP blow torch, how long are hitting it with blow torch to get it started?  I think I hit mine too long.  Directions say 45 seconds, but I assume that is a regular blow torch.  I probably only did about 20 -30 seconds.

TMB:

--- Quote from: zueth on May 04, 2018, 12:22:39 PM ---I have a MAPP blow torch, how long are hitting it with blow torch to get it started?  I think I hit mine too long.  Directions say 45 seconds, but I assume that is a regular blow torch.  I probably only did about 20 -30 seconds.

--- End quote ---
As long as you can get the pellets going good.   I find it helps to dry the pellets in the micowave or leave the tube with pellets in the cooker for a few mins while it's warming up then light'em

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version