Author Topic: Burger Smasher  (Read 8251 times)

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
Burger Smasher
« Reply #-1 on: April 23, 2021, 07:24:00 PM »

I have the 10mm version of this Craycourt burger smasher.  It makes a rather thick 5oz. smash burger.

I like the uniform round burgers it makes and would like the 5mm smasher for making the traditional thin 3oz. smash burger.  But it has been out of stock for some time.

Can you recommend a similar one for the thin burgers?
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline Roget

Re: Burger Smasher
« on: April 23, 2021, 09:51:40 PM »
I don't have a suggestion on a source for a press for a thinner patty, but I wholeheartedly agree with your need for one.
For me the thinner the better.

My smashburgers are always a consistent 56.7 grams uncooked weight. That is 2 oz., which for me turns out perfect to fit on a cheapo hamburger bun. (just like you get from your favorite greasy spoon burger joint.) That gives me exactly 8 burgers per pound of ground beef. (Has to be 80-20. 90-10 just won't do, not enough grease. ;)
I sometimes like a thick burger, & 2 oz. of meat might sound pretty skimpy, but smash that baby flat and throw on a slice of American cheese, and the grease soaking into that bun will more than make up for the small amount of beef.

IMHO the perfect ratio for a great smashburger.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
Re: Burger Smasher
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 12:49:48 PM »
I don't have a suggestion on a source for a press for a thinner patty, but I wholeheartedly agree with your need for one.
For me the thinner the better.

My smashburgers are always a consistent 56.7 grams uncooked weight. That is 2 oz., which for me turns out perfect to fit on a cheapo hamburger bun. (just like you get from your favorite greasy spoon burger joint.) That gives me exactly 8 burgers per pound of ground beef. (Has to be 80-20. 90-10 just won't do, not enough grease. ;)
I sometimes like a thick burger, & 2 oz. of meat might sound pretty skimpy, but smash that baby flat and throw on a slice of American cheese, and the grease soaking into that bun will more than make up for the small amount of beef.

IMHO the perfect ratio for a great smashburger.

Sounds perfect to me..I add some thin sliced onions and cooked the smash burgers on that..personal preference. I bought a Blackstone 22" last year..really gonna use it this summer. I have a converter and instead of using a 1# bottle, I use a 20# bottle..with 2 burners I ran out 1st use. I'm learning but love my flattop. .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron