Author Topic: Photography  (Read 22673 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Photography
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2013, 05:35:29 PM »
Please click on the last link - it SHOULD work. Thanks!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2013, 05:41:23 PM »
Unfortunately I don't get past a login dialog - ...and I even tried [gag] IE  ;D

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2013, 05:52:46 PM »
pz - I am sorry! I am sooooo tired of the "new" social media. Having to buy in to their "stuff" to see anything. It really makes me mad. I will find a way to make this work without buying into their "stuff"! I am very sorry to make it such a pain for you.
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2013, 05:57:03 PM »
No worries David; I'm with you on how something good turns out to be difficult to get into.  Seems like more sites are demanding that one signs-up for an account in order to do anything.  ;D

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2013, 06:04:03 PM »
pz - here is another link - misses several of what I think are the best shots, but might work for now - I REALLY dislike the latest "stuff"...  ;) ;D
https://ltbbq.shutterfly.com/
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2013, 06:13:43 PM »
Worked perfect!

Gotta love those monkeys!

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2013, 07:18:21 PM »
We were on an island that "rescued" monkeys and other species. I probably have over 1500 shots on that island alone. It was fantastic!
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2013, 09:25:09 PM »
You sure do manage to have adventures!

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2013, 09:36:04 PM »
pz - that is the point. We are looking for "adventures."  Many years ago - long before my girls were borne - I knew I wanted them to have "adventures."  I wanted them to see the world as it is - no resorts, no "vacations." So, that is what we try to do - we look for the fishing village or the place at the end of the road... We deal with language as we can - I have some French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian - nothing great, but it works... The kids just play - they make friends without worrying about language - that is the best part of this...  ;D
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2013, 10:20:32 PM »
... The kids just play - they make friends without worrying about language - that is the best part of this...  ;D

That is so true!  When my younger brother and I spent the summer in Germany, he had no problem playing with the local kids event though he didn't speak a word of German.

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2013, 10:35:03 PM »
We never tried to infuse Spanish. I was the only one who spoke Spanish. I never wanted to 'interfere." Now my oldest daughter is an honor student in Spanish... I don't know, but I think this has been good for her....
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2013, 10:48:03 PM »
I know what you mean; spending time in a foreign country means so much more than just the language.  The culturally different ways of thinking are often quite unique, and I believe exposing kids to different ideas leads to increased tolerance and understanding as adults.

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2013, 12:35:40 AM »
I have enjoyed everyone's photos and input here!!! The best sites I have found are the diff trek sites. I started out on treknature.com, they are pretty strict about what photos are allowed and I found it was not a place for my bird feeder photos. I then went to treklens.com which allows about any type of photo and spent about 3 yrs there posting bad photos and learning from some experts.I did get a little better at taking photos. There is also a trekearth site and you are among photographers from all over the world. A lot of the members make their living at photography. There are no adds there it's just all about photography. Check them out. My photos at treklens are still all there. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2013, 08:45:43 AM »
Don - thank you - I will definitely check them out!
Member #

Offline pz

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2013, 12:02:29 PM »
Thanks for the info, Don!