FORUM SPONSORS > A-MAZE-N PRODUCTS

A-Maze-n tube placement in Rec Tec

(1/2) > >>

tnjimbob:
Really love my A-Maze-N tube smoker in my Rec Tec, but I have a question. Could it be placed underneath the heat deflector pan, at the end farthest away from the fire pot? Been doing some larger cooks lately and I need all the grate space I can get. Thanks!

squirtthecat:

--- Quote from: tnjimbob on June 12, 2014, 09:51:34 AM ---Really love my A-Maze-N tube smoker in my Rec Tec, but I have a question. Could it be placed underneath the heat deflector pan, at the end farthest away from the fire pot? Been doing some larger cooks lately and I need all the grate space I can get. Thanks!

--- End quote ---

It works in my MAK that way...    You might want to try it first to make sure you have enough airflow for it.

HighOnSmoke:
I did it that way on my Grid Iron and it worked great. As Squirt said just make sure you have
plenty of airflow.

teesquare:

--- Quote from: tnjimbob on June 12, 2014, 09:51:34 AM ---Really love my A-Maze-N tube smoker in my Rec Tec, but I have a question. Could it be placed underneath the heat deflector pan, at the end farthest away from the fire pot? Been doing some larger cooks lately and I need all the grate space I can get. Thanks!

--- End quote ---
YEP!

That way you are working with the pre-engineered airflow pattern.. I put my 12" Amazen Tube on the left end. The smoke stack is on the right, so I think this will maximize the dwell time for the smoke

Las Vegan Cajun:

--- Quote from: teesquare on June 12, 2014, 12:03:53 PM ---

--- End quote ---
YEP!

That way you are working with the pre-engineered airflow pattern.. I put my 12" Amazen Tube on the left end. The smoke stack is on the right, so I think this will maximize the dwell time for the smoke

--- End quote ---

You're an amazing man T, simply Amazen.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version