Author Topic: First burgers of the season....  (Read 44893 times)

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
Re: First burgers of the season....
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2015, 09:39:10 PM »
You guys stuck with it.  I didn't.

Once, in a job interview, I said that I had never quit anything in my life.  Then I paused...because it occurred to me that it wasn't correct.  So I said, "Except fifth grade band."

The interviewing guy laughed and said that he quit, too.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2015, 10:42:31 PM »
I've loved making music (usually not well) my whole life. Played guitar and mandolin till the neuropathy made my fingers not work. Recently took up "the instrument of wind" - if you've seen any videos of Leonard Cohen's recent tour you know what I mean. Looks a bit like a weird clarinet, but connected to a laptop via USB - strange but fun.

He - Leonard Cohen - remains my favorite musician of all time. Not only is he a brilliant poet, gifted performer, but has had the good sense to surround himself with some of the best sidemen that have ever performed.

The guitar in this piece blows my mind - I just found this version -

And this one highlights his poetry - but you can also see the "instrument of wind" comes in about 4:24 -

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2015, 10:45:43 PM »

Once, in a job interview, I said that I had never quit anything in my life.  Then I paused...because it occurred to me that it wasn't correct.  So I said, "Except fifth grade band."

I almost quit but was too small for football and there were just so many good looking girls in the band. Those road trips in the back of the band bus were fun. I learned a lot about life.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2015, 10:51:09 PM »

I almost quit but was too small for football and there were just so many good looking girls in the band. Those road trips in the back of the band bus were fun. I learned a lot about life.

Ohhhh man - Our band represented ND at the World's Fair in Spokane WA 1974 - Darlys C**** (won't say names) yes many lessons learned on that bus ride - then she broke my heart...
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2015, 11:49:48 PM »
 :)  For me it was hockey cheerleaders.  I married one.  She's the perennial cheerleader—everlasting.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas