FORUM SPONSORS > Adrenaline Barbecue Co.

ABC/Maverick Remote Thermometer

<< < (3/3)

cookiecdcmk:
I am ready to buy a new thermometer because all my old ones including probes seem to keep failing.  What it the best remote thermometer that everyone on this site recommends.  I feel confident in any of the responses.

sschorr:
I understand about the cost, but hands down, the best remote I have ever used is the Fireboard.  6 ports, 6' length for ambient and food probes, Wifi with a great APP (both IoS and Android), or you can use a browser and internet connection, cloud-based tracking of your cooking sessions (no limit, configurable temp reading intervals, configurable labels for sessions and ports) - and very accurate (checked against Thermoworks instant read MK-4).

I also have the Thermoworks Signals, a good second place against the Fireboard.  However, once you cost it out, it is almost the same cost as the Fireboard.  Less versatile, can only save 10 sessions and that in csv format only, have to use their App (no browser capability), Bluetooth and Wifi (switches to Bluetooth automatically if Wifi gets disconnected), probe lengths are 4' (you can buy extenders), 4 ports that are easy to read on the Signals box.

I also had the XR-50, which is a great low cost remote.  Custom radio connection between base and remote reader (no Bluetooth or Wifi), but definitely better range than regular mavericks (they claim 500').  No capture of data, so no sessions or graphs or Apps.  I gave mine to a buddy whose iGrill died, otherwise no issues with it.

Hope that all helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version