Author Topic: LEM #12 Big Bite grinder for $330 on Amazon  (Read 13639 times)

Offline DWard51

LEM #12 Big Bite grinder for $330 on Amazon
« Reply #-1 on: July 04, 2018, 01:27:43 AM »
I've been lusting after a LEM #12 Big Bite grinder for some time now.  I have had a Kitchener #12 from Northern Tool for a number of years and it works just fine, but there is just something about that 3/4hp #12 and all the reviews and video's I've looked at for the LEM.  Normally they are $449 at LEM plus shipping and tax.  I almost snagged one for 50% off at Gander Mountain when they were going out of business last year but missed it by about 20 minutes (called, they had 1, it was gone by the time I drove over to the store).

Well I received a LEM 20% off for July 4th email today, which put it at $359.20, but there is still that shipping and tax and an extra $7 upcharge for their shipping.  Then I looked on Amazon and OMG, they had the #12 Big Bite for $330, with free shipping on Prime (which I have). Plus it was sold and shipped by amazon and not some 3rd party (even better). Still have to pay the sales tax but $353.10 delivered to my door is a heck of a deal on this monster grinder.  This thing should outlast me (I have some extra stainless plates for my current #12 which is the main reason I stuck with #12 size, I could get away with smaller, but then the extra plates and accessories up the overall price).

So if you are looking for a LEM #12 Big Bite, all stainless steel grinder, check out this link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074FBH56N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit note: Fixed link
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 07:44:06 AM by TentHunteR »

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
Re: LEM #12 Big Bite grinder for $330 on Amazon
« on: July 04, 2018, 07:45:01 AM »
Good deal, Drew.  I'm sure you're going to love it!

Be glad you stuck with a #12 and not something smaller.  The biggest pain with a smaller grinder is all the extra time and effort it takes to cut the meat into pieces small enough to fit into the throat.  It's a bigger chore than people realize, and ultimately holds you back from making sausage as often as you might like.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline Dave R.

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 07:59:13 AM »
I've been lusting after a LEM #12 Big Bite grinder for some time now.  I have had a Kitchener #12 from Northern Tool for a number of years and it works just fine, but there is just something about that 3/4hp #12 and all the reviews and video's I've looked at for the LEM.  Normally they are $449 at LEM plus shipping and tax.  I almost snagged one for 50% off at Gander Mountain when they were going out of business last year but missed it by about 20 minutes (called, they had 1, it was gone by the time I drove over to the store).

Well I received a LEM 20% off for July 4th email today, which put it at $359.20, but there is still that shipping and tax and an extra $7 upcharge for their shipping.  Then I looked on Amazon and OMG, they had the #12 Big Bite for $330, with free shipping on Prime (which I have). Plus it was sold and shipped by amazon and not some 3rd party (even better). Still have to pay the sales tax but $353.10 delivered to my door is a heck of a deal on this monster grinder.  This thing should outlast me (I have some extra stainless plates for my current #12 which is the main reason I stuck with #12 size, I could get away with smaller, but then the extra plates and accessories up the overall price).

So if you are looking for a LEM #12 Big Bite, all stainless steel grinder, check out this link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074FBH56N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit note: Fixed link

So the question I have is what are you going to do with the Kitchener #12 from Northern Tool? If you think it may be something you want to sell let me know your price and how much to ship to Nampa Idaho. 83651
MAK #3591

Offline Roget

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 09:03:01 AM »
That is a heck of a deal.
At that price I would have a 12 instead of my 8, but no more than I use it the 8 is plenty big enough for me.
YCDBSOYA

GMG Davy Crockett
GMG Jim Bowie
Charbroil SRG
Charbroil BigEasy
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Flat Top X 2 (36" & 28")
DBS w/Auberins dual probe PID
Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker
Grand Hall 3 burner Grill w/rotisserie,smoke tray, & side burner

Offline DWard51

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 11:44:41 PM »
It came Friday.  This sucker is a heavy weight.  Boxed it weighs about 45-50 pounds.  It's built like a tank.  Now I've just got to make some sausage.  Probably be next weekend if I don't have to work.

The $330 price was gone the next day.  Either Amazon sold out (they only showed 3 left when I ordered mine, sold and shipped by Amazon), or someone figured out the price was wrong as it went back to over $400 the next day.  But I got mine for $330 with free shipping (Prime).  I would hate to think how big a hit they took on shipping a 50 pound box that size (it's huge).

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 12:41:47 AM »
When i click the link it shows it is still available for the $330
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline DWard51

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 06:48:39 PM »
That's weird, yesterday if I clicked the link or loged into my Amazon account and try to order another one, it came up $447 and a different amazon retailer (not sold by amazon like mine was).

Ah-ha, I see what happened.  It appears they restocked as they are showing 7 now at the $330 price and they must have been out for a couple of days after I posted my original thread here and in a couple of other forums (they had 3 left when I bought mine).  To upgrade from the #8 to the #12 is like $16.50 difference. With that slight price difference the #12 is a no brainer. The #12 is a beast.  I can only imagine what the #22 and #32 are like.

I would think the #12 LEM Big Bite for $330 is probably the best price out there right now.  Oh, and it came double boxed.  It's well boxed within the stock LEM box, but that box was inside a nice heave duty Amazon box so it's not apparent what you received if someone sees it on your front porch.  Some stuff from some vendors comes exposed/single boxed.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 07:02:59 PM by DWard51 »

Offline DWard51

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 07:22:44 PM »
I also ordered the foot control from Amazon.   If you buy the LEM branded one it is $39.99.  They also have a SSC COntrols S100-1501on Amazon that is $22.75 and if that is not the same foot control, I'll be hogsnoggled.  The one I got for $22.75 looks just like the LEM that I've seen in retail stores and has the same specs.  If you google both and look at the different images, they even have the same stickers on the side.  When I googled SSC Controls, they make OEM products and also make industrial foot switches for welding, etc...  I bet that is who actually makes the LEM foot switch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017T2J2NC