FORUM SPONSORS > Adrenaline Barbecue Co.

S&S Pork Collar

<< < (3/3)

sliding_billy:
Worth the wait for the pics.  Well done!

TMB:
Looks great!  :thumbup:

RAD:
Thanks everyone.

There was enough for two dinners, lunch, and I froze 2, 1# bags for later. I like to freeze some so I don't get tired of the same Q

Big Dawg:
Nice looking cook, RAD ! ! !

From my KCBS experience, the "money muscle" is a part of the Boston Butt opposite the blade bone.  The only way to get it out would be dissect the Butt.  Plus, all of the ones I've seen are way smaller (diameter) than the ones that you had.  Of course, there could be other "money muscles" in the pig.

BD

RAD:

--- Quote from: Big Dawg on February 22, 2019, 02:17:32 PM ---Nice looking cook, RAD ! ! !

From my KCBS experience, the "money muscle" is a part of the Boston Butt opposite the blade bone.  The only way to get it out would be dissect the Butt.  Plus, all of the ones I've seen are way smaller (diameter) than the ones that you had.  Of course, there could be other "money muscles" in the pig.

BD

--- End quote ---
Yes, from what I have found this is the money muscle from the Boston Butt area and used to make coppa. But my only experience is what I can find on web and if it's on the web it's got to be true  ::) Ask anyone posting updates to wikipedia.  :o

Here is one of the sites I found about it:
http://gadaboutfood.com/pork-collar-the-next-food-trend/

Either-way, it is really close to what I get at Sonny's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version