Author Topic: Ken Polk “Two Pockets”  (Read 9326 times)

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Re: Ken Polk “Two Pockets”
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2020, 11:22:25 PM »
I never got to meet Ken, but I heard a lot about him.  My first trip to Augusta was the 2nd get together.  That was where I heard about his trip from AL and back again the same day, just for a silly old football game!

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Tailgating is my game

Re: Ken Polk “Two Pockets”
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2020, 11:29:15 AM »
So sad to hear Ken passed away  :(   

I  met Ken in the summer of 2010 in B'ham Alabama where he was working for Academy Sports at the time.  Kimmie and I were down there doing some shopping (recovering from one of my surgeries)  and I ask Ken if we could meet just to say hi face to face.  He was all in and we met for a few mins that turned into a long time friendship .

Ken was a great treated Kimmie like he knew her for a long time which made Kimmie feel a lot more comfortable (meeting folks off the internet was not her thing  :D )  Anyway, Ken would help anyone out on the forum if they needed advice he would help them.

Like others here I remember Ken driving 4 hrs to be with us but only to say good by a few hours later to head back home because he was not missing an Alabama football party they planned at his house.  We met again a few years later while Kimmie and I were camping and   Terry (TLG4942) and Kerry along with GusRobin, Albert Rivera and his wife joined us for a great meal and friendship     

Ill miss Ken (twopockets) and his great advice he would give out

Rest in peace my friend,

Very nice Tommy!!!!!
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle