Author Topic: Chick-Fil-A burgers?  (Read 6791 times)

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
Chick-Fil-A burgers?
« Reply #-1 on: July 05, 2021, 08:17:25 AM »
A few years back I started to use pickle juice as a brine for chicken just like Chick-fil-A does and it works great.
As close to Thiers as I can get without using the breading.

So Saturday it hit me I have a chance to brine hamburger in pickle and see how it goes.

Well I took two patties and a little pickle juice let them soak for 12 hrs and wow it was good!  If you like pickles on your burger you will love this!

Sorry no finished pictures they were gone before I got to my phone!

ascendium 

« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 08:11:47 AM by TMB »
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
Re: Chick-Fil-A burgers?
« on: July 05, 2021, 01:49:58 PM »
Tommy, great idea. I would never have thought to do that to hamburger patties, but if it works, I'm all for it.

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 02:00:46 PM »
Tommy, your posts continue to be interesting.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline Tailgating is my game

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 02:30:16 PM »
sounds good I do like pickles............................onions, cheese, relish, ketchup, mayo, salt, pepper, mushrooms & potato chips on top of my burgers.  Ok I am a pig. I will try this one as it keeps the stack lower.

Homemade or store bought pickles. & what kind Tommy?

This is a must try for me
Big Easy IR fryer
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill. (Jets)
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Pizza Pronto Gas Pizza oven & WOK
Coleman Portable Propane Fryer
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 08:03:00 AM »
sounds good I do like pickles............................onions, cheese, relish, ketchup, mayo, salt, pepper, mushrooms & potato chips on top of my burgers.  Ok I am a pig. I will try this one as it keeps the stack lower.

This was just a test and used a cheap store bought juice.  Kimmie's mom has a killer recipe for pickles and I'm going to mix up some of that for the next try
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 08:53:42 AM »

This was just a test and used a cheap store bought juice.  Kimmie's mom has a killer recipe for pickles and I'm going to mix up some of that for the next try

Thanks!!!
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 09:06:08 AM »
I need a good pickle recipe.  Please share when you get a chance!
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline Pam Gould

• Lima, Ohio..Lost in middle America
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 10:15:51 AM »
I like the dill pickles juice..NOT the kosher..the dill seems cleaner.     .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.
Blackstone 22" Griddle
Cook Air
Cobb Grill w/ rotisserie
SRG
BEESR
G2G
CB tabletop propane grill
Cobb grill with rotisserie
22" copper colored Weber / rotisseriw
Uuni pizza maker
Lodge Cast iron Hibachi
tons of cast iron
Anova
Member #3

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 10:39:14 AM »

After years of trying to perfect the perfect dill pickle recipe, I came across this producer of packaged ingredients. All you need to add is vinegar and dill. My grandkids and other adults have gone nuts over them for years, eating quart jars at a time. All of the ingredients are natural, nothing artificial. They have kosher and regular dill(to my knowledge the only difference between kosher style and regular is the garlic in the kosher style), bread and butter and sweet pickles and relish. They also have ingredient packs for salsa-mild, medium and hot, spaghetti sauce (you just add the tomatoes), and a whole line dips, etc. You could make up a pack of the dill pickle mix minus the cukes, and you'd have your pickle juice marinade.

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2021, 12:34:06 PM »

After years of trying to perfect the perfect dill pickle recipe, I came across this producer of packaged ingredients. All you need to add is vinegar and dill. My grandkids and other adults have gone nuts over them for years, eating quart jars at a time. All of the ingredients are natural, nothing artificial. They have kosher and regular dill(to my knowledge the only difference between kosher style and regular is the garlic in the kosher style), bread and butter and sweet pickles and relish. They also have ingredient packs for salsa-mild, medium and hot, spaghetti sauce (you just add the tomatoes), and a whole line dips, etc. You could make up a pack of the dill pickle mix minus the cukes, and you'd have your pickle juice marinade.

?   :)
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2021, 12:37:28 PM »

Name or link?
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2021, 05:21:58 PM »
I like the dill pickles juice..NOT the kosher..the dill seems cleaner.     .☆´¯`•.¸¸. ི♥ྀ.

Same here Pam. I also like relish too
Big Easy IR fryer
Char-Broil Grill2Go X200
Sears 4 burner gas G

Weber 22 inch Chal
Uniflame Little Char
Sizzle-Q griddle
Gasone butane
Magma 15 boat gas grill

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2021, 05:52:21 PM »

Just curious, do you go with the darker green juice (Mt. Olive)?  I've found that for fried pickles, I like the lighter Claussen style.

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline Salmonsmoker

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2021, 09:34:22 PM »

Name or link?

I'm so sorry akruckus, and my apologies to others that might be interested also.  I forgot to include the name and link even while I was looking at it, while typing this morning. https://www.mrswages.com .  Their products are also available at many retailers, Ace Hardware and Do-It Center(hardware) locally in my area, online many places, etc. One I've purchased from with decent prices... www.soupsonline.com. As with most, the official website prices are higher to protect those that sell their products, but if anyone is interested in their products, you can see what they have available on their site.