Tips, Tricks & Just Good Advice! > Burn it in the Back Yard with Hub!

BASIC BRISKET for the Beginner

<< < (9/10) > >>

Keymaster:

--- Quote from: sliding_billy on July 04, 2013, 07:45:00 PM ---At 250 (with the occasional 20 degree fluctuation up or down), I normally am in the 1 to 1.5 hour /lb range.  I don't tend to get into the 1.5 to 2 hour range unless I am running 225 or lower.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Billy, I have watched a few YouTube videos since my initial question and you sound right in tune with most videos. I have read so many recipes with conflicting times I chose not to make the brisket today. I am getting up bright and early and putting that bad boy on the primo in the morning.

sliding_billy:
It is still better to give yourself extra time and FTC if you need to hold it than to wait for meat to finish.  Brisket holds very well.

Keymaster:

--- Quote from: sliding_billy on July 04, 2013, 08:03:00 PM ---It is still better to give yourself extra time and FTC if you need to hold it than to wait for meat to finish.  Brisket holds very well.

--- End quote ---
I have been contemplating an overnight cook but that is against my better judgment, I have the new maverick that would alert me of high temps but I don't even hear the phone ring when sound asleep and its 2 feet from my ear :) So.... Tomorrow morning hopefully on at 4 AM.. Thanks for the tips

tlg4942:
  I have not cooked enough brisket yet so I come here and see whats being discussed when I do.  Today I started a tip that I have saved from a previous hamburger batch. 
  It is at 165 right now so I will foil it and hope its not to late!

Thanks for any and all "how to" posts. I like to see what others do and have integrated several ideas together over the years to reach a method I like myself.
I must go tent now...

chitownfrio:
Hub,

Roughly how many hours at 220-235 to get the IT to 190?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version