Author Topic: Smoked Brisket for Superbowl Sliders  (Read 11754 times)

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
Smoked Brisket for Superbowl Sliders
« Reply #-1 on: January 30, 2020, 06:34:13 PM »
We're having a small watch party on Sunday and I decided, as part of the menu, to serve chopped brisket sliders with espresso bbq sauce with sliced onion, pickled jalapenos and pickles on the side. To get a jump on things, my wife went ahead and cooked a brisket on the KBQ and then I sliced it up and vacuum sealed it and stuck it in the freezer. On Sunday, I'll throw them in the Sous Vide to reheat and then chop it up. I think I'll bust out the flat top to toast the buns. Who doesn't like toasted buns I say?

At any rate, here's what you came for :)

A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!

Offline sparky

• northern california
Re: Smoked Brisket for Superbowl Sliders
« on: January 30, 2020, 06:40:15 PM »
Very nice.
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 10:08:43 PM »
what time and do you need me to bring anything?
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 07:38:10 AM »
what time and do you need me to bring anything?

6:00ish, bring whatever libation you may want, the food part is covered :)

It's mostly a finger food type scenario. I am going to smoke wings tomorrow and refrigerate them and then at game time, dunk them in a deep fryer with peanut oil to reheat and crisp them up. I made some Chipotle Beer BBQ sauce to toss them in and will also have Frank's Buffalo and Nashville Hot sauces as well. We're going to make pigs in a blanket with little smokies and crescent rolls and my wife is making some spinach & artichoke dip. Today and tomorrow I have to prep 60 ABTs so I am REALLY looking forward to THAT (NOT!)

For dessert I am baking up chocolate chunk cookies and some white chocolate macadamia cookies. We have guests bringing a few things but I hope we will have enough, I'm doing my part, lol

I'll attempt to snap some pics of the food but I usually fail at that as there are hands flying everywhere, gnashing teeth and spit flying! It's quite a sight to behold, I just try and stay out of the fray :P
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!