Author Topic: Stand for a Karubecue C-60  (Read 8041 times)

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
Stand for a Karubecue C-60
« Reply #-1 on: November 04, 2020, 10:05:19 AM »
I'm an arthritic, short, fat guy.  I'd like to get my KBQ C-60 up a bit so I don't have to get so low to see inside.

Has anyone built a stable cart for theirs, or found something ready-made that's suitable?

Castors would be a welcome addition.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
Re: Stand for a Karubecue C-60
« on: November 04, 2020, 03:14:00 PM »
Not real familiar with the KBQ but it appears it can't be too high up to load the wood in it.  Check out McMaster Carr they have a good variety of options.  I suppose it could be bolted to the top of a cart.

https://www.mcmaster.com/carts

These would be an interesting option, can raise and lower as needed. 

https://www.uline.com/BL_1821/Manual-Lift-Tables

Harbor Freight is probably the most economical option, the cart could be assembled with the top shelf upside down so there is no lip to obstruct opening the door on the KBQ

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=carts
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline pmillen

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 12:00:33 PM »
Thanks for the ideas, bamabob.  None seem exactly "right" for me.  I'm worried about it being top heavy and "tippy".  I'll probably quit rolling it around (it's dang heavy) and get it up on blocks or some sort of platform.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline bamabob

• Way Down South in Alabama
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 02:01:23 PM »
Thanks for the ideas, bamabob.  None seem exactly "right" for me.  I'm worried about it being top heavy and "tippy".  I'll probably quit rolling it around (it's dang heavy) and get it up on blocks or some sort of platform.

Couldn't it be bolted down to a steel top?  I'd really like to have a KBQ, I think I'd like the idea of bolting it to a lift cart.  Raise it up to load the food and lower it down for transport and loading wood.
Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.

Big Steel Keg
Weber Summit Gold C4

Offline pmillen

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 02:44:44 PM »
That would be pretty slick.
Paul

Offline pmillen

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 04:02:35 PM »
This one that you suggested seems to be the right size and not outrageously priced.

The more I think about it, the more I like it.
Paul

Offline RG

• Just a Fat Guy Cooking Stuff
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 08:21:54 AM »
As said, the KBQ is real top heavy and the exterior gets pretty dang hot so it would have to be made of metal for sure. Check with Rockler, they have customizable tables. That might work. Also, something like a metal storage shelf might work and you could put casters on it.

Something like this : https://www.lowes.com/pd/Quantum-Storage-Systems-24-in-D-x-36-in-W-x-72-in-H-4-Tier-Wire-Freestanding-Shelving-Unit/1000863938

You may have to shorten the risers and only use 2 sections of it and it'll give you storage on the bottom. Not sure about the dimensions being large enough but you get the idea.
A revolving door of cookers and smokers. Some are keepers, some are here today, gone tomorrow!