Author Topic: Anybody use one -recommendations?  (Read 1181 times)

Offline GusRobin

• Test
Anybody use one -recommendations?
« Reply #-1 on: July 04, 2014, 05:36:44 PM »
In August I am going to a family get together which I will fly to. I want to take some beef sticks, cheese, and other assorted goodies. I don't want to hassle it with carry on so I thought I would put it with the checked luggage. I though of using one of these bags:
http://www.schwans.com/products/productdetail.aspx?id=74317

My plan would be to put the meat in frozen and into my suitcase. It would be in the bag about 8 hours including the time I left my house to the time I got to the destination and put in a fridge.

Any sugeestions?
thanks
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
Re: Anybody use one -recommendations?
« on: July 04, 2014, 06:43:35 PM »
Are you overnighting anywhere or there in one day?

I used the soft sided beer cooler. Give your meat a good wrap in newspaper before putting in the cooler, also add a freezer pack if you have room. Always worked for me ;D
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 06:47:25 PM »
You might want to check with the airline to see if there is anything in the construction of the cooler itself that could cause a problem.  I know they don't like dry ice. 

Otherwise, you shouldn't have any problem.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 06:49:41 PM »
Are you overnighting anywhere or there in one day?

I used the soft sided beer cooler. Give your meat a good wrap in newspaper before putting in the cooler, also add a freezer pack if you have room. Always worked for me ;D
CDN - any particular brand ?
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 07:53:37 PM »
Never seen one - looks interesting. Might have to try t next time I take the train back form ND. Thanks!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 08:17:17 PM »
Here is the one I use, plastic lined.

I again fill the cooler and put the whole thing in the freezer until I am ready to travel then just go.
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.