Author Topic: It's going to be okay  (Read 5849 times)

Offline GrillinBWCA

• Boundary Waters, Minnesota
Re: It's going to be okay
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2014, 10:26:57 PM »
We've discovered Sota is an inspector and a taster.  He has to taste everything, even if it's not food.  He licks everyone.  Husby was driving the truck today when this tongue came out of the back seat and slurped across his face.  LOL.  He licks bare feet when he sees them.  He licks furniture.  He licks my pens and pencils.  It's pretty funny.  Good thing we don't freak out over dog germs. 

He also has to check out everything.  I was unpackaging some stuff we bought, things like paint supplies and stuff, and he insisted he had to check out each and every one.  Once the plastic bubbles were peeled off the cards, he had to sniff the bubbles, the cards, and the items that were inside.  Dummy that I am, I held it all out for him so he could do the inspections.  No, he won't be a bit spoiled here.  FedEx brought a new kettle, and of course someone had to be right there, checking out the box, the packaging inside, the pot, the pot lid, and the plastic bags the pot and lid came in.  Inspecting has been the job of the ginger cat Chester for the past ten or so years, so now we have two inspectors.  This will now be the safest household in America, I'm sure.

We've had huskies continuously for over 38 years, but these two habits are firsts for us.  It always amazes us how huskies can be true to their breed but yet so different from each other.  That's what makes pets endlessly entertaining.

He also hasn't met a snack he doesn't like, especially if it belongs to someone else.  Yet he doesn't guard his food or try to steal from someone unless they leave the food laying somewhere.  Then he'll Hoover it right up.

He's been napping most of the day, completely relaxed.  Yesterday he was restless all day, no surprise considering everything was new.  He's been through a lot in the past couple weeks, going from his old owner to the shelter to the vet to us.  Major disruptions, but he seems to be taking it in stride.  Today he seems more like he's settling in.  He moves every hour or so, taking turns laying by me or going to lay on Husby's feet.  He'll figure out eventually this is home.

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2014, 10:35:49 PM »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2014, 11:16:08 AM »
Awesome, I loved the story of him licking your husband from the back seat, it reminded me of something funny that happened to me years ago. I was picking up a Tumblebug and round bale of hay from a friends place, he and I had the same model Dodge trucks and when I left the door open to hook up the Tumblebug his black lab jumped in the truck and went to sleep in the back seat, of course I didn't notice and was halfway to my place when he woke up and told me how happy he was to be on this adventure with a big wet lick on the side of the face. Talk about getting a big surprise!!!

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2014, 06:08:09 PM »
Great story!

I got a gsd guard dog from a business that closed,went to meet him.He came over,sat right next to me,then hopped in truck and sat upright looking forward like he had been there all his life.Dog adopted me on the spot!

I get kisses from the back seat while driving from both the muttsters.They know where their bread is buttered.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline 4cornersmoker

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »
Great story about your Siberians. Both are beautiful dogs. Until recently we had a Siberian. She made it to 14.  Have always had them. They are awesome dogs. Will be looking for one soon. Take care of Sugar & Sota.
18.8 Weber one touch, 22.5 Weber Performer,18.5 WSM, Weber go anywhere, smoky joe Bronc smoker, med green egg, & PBC. Hasty Bake 414, The Good One Open Range.