Author Topic: pz meets smoker pete  (Read 3013 times)

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
Re: pz meets smoker pete
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 12:17:54 PM »
Have a great time together guys! It is great when members meet!

Thanks for sharing the pictures Pete.
X2     Wish we could meet up with more folks.

More reasons to say  we need to visit the Mid-West smoke out at Tenpoint5 place and the GA cookout

Im going to be 45 mins from Talladega and 2 hrs from you.

Im going to tell Kimmie

BBQ Time  :D :D
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 12:19:02 PM »
Here's the smoked tri-tip and brats.  If you haven't had smoke brats you need to try it - they're scrumptious.

I have smoked brats in the BEESR and they were great.  I will have to try smoking them in the pellet grill next time.

Smoked the brats at 190ºF for an hour then bumped the pit temp to 325ºF until the IT reached 170ºF.  They were so juicy and pz was amazed when he saw the smoke ring on the brat  :D  Total time was about 1 hour and 20 minutes ...

Thanks for the tips Pete, and yes it is amazing to see a smoke ring in brats and they ARE so juicy done that way.

Another method I used, due to the quantity of brats I was cooking exceeding the grill space of my WSJ, I grilled the brats on the WSJ with GrillGrates to get a nice sear and grill marks on them.  Then I foiled the first batch and put them in the BEESR at 350F while I did the same to the second batch.  I also foiled the second batch and placed them in the BEESR as well while I finished fixing the sides.  I pulled the brats out of the BEESR and removed them from the foil they were so plump and juicy, everybody loved them.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline smoker pete

• Smokin' Pete's BBQ Blog
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 12:38:45 PM »

Here's the smoked tri-tip and brats.  If you haven't had smoke brats you need to try it - they're scrumptious.

Your home made brats?

I wish Doc!  They were Johnsonville brats.
MAK 2 Star General - Serial # 2325
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Char Broil SRG

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 12:42:29 PM »

Your home made brats?

:D :D
Were the fresh ones? I like Johnsonville!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline smoker pete

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 12:56:36 PM »

Your home made brats?

:D :D
Were the fresh ones? I like Johnsonville!

They were the fresh ones and yes, they are good.  Found a big package of them at Costco at a really great price.

Peter, "pz", generously shared a wedge of Smoked Gouda he smoked on his Bradley!!!  Talk about delicious  ...

Char Broil SRG

Offline pz

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 01:18:37 PM »
We're delighted to meet Pete and his wife, Karen!  Most gracious hosts, they have made this trip most memorable.  We were treated like we were old friends, and immediately connected with our mutual love of food!

Thoroughly enjoying this trip to the coast meeting our new friends, we hope to repay the kindness when Pete and Karen travel to Idaho.

Check out this smoke ring; Pete knows how to cook!

Talk about juicy and tender

Our gracious host

The resort is beautiful even at night

Looking forward to more adventures; sous vide rib eye for dinner this evening!

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 02:03:54 PM »
Code: [Select]
Looking forward to more adventures; sous vide rib eye for dinner this evening!

And I was just thinking how are y'all going to compete with smoked brats and Dungeness crab, now I see!!!  ;)
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline smoker pete

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 03:06:44 PM »
The pleasure is all ours Peter and we look forward to visiting Sherry and you in Idaho down the road  8)

Can't wait to learn about sous vide cooking and enjoying a rib eye dinner tonight.  This will also be the first time using the GMG Davy Crockett to sear the rib eye.  I don't have any searing grates but the flame zone technology should work fine.
Char Broil SRG

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 03:26:48 PM »
Geeze,being tied down with animals means no traveling,you guys are driving my wanderlust nuts!!!
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline smoker pete

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 03:31:28 PM »
Geeze,being tied down with animals means no traveling,you guys are driving my wanderlust nuts!!!

There are a lot of side benefits to an "empty nest" spuds  8)  8)
Char Broil SRG

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 03:56:18 PM »
This is one of the most satisfying aspects of LTBBQ.... Members getting to meet up and have a great time!
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline RAD

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »
That is great. Good food and great friends.
Love to cook and eat

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2014, 06:38:21 PM »

Get a big enough rig and you can take them with you.  ;)
----------------------

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2014, 08:46:49 PM »

Get a big enough rig and you can take them with you.  ;)
We travelled in a 23 foot class c winny,with 5 dogs,a cat,goldfish and a traveling garden.

But traveling with 5 chickens,3 ducks and 2 dogs.....dont know about THAT!  :o ??? 8)
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 10:15:59 PM »
What a great bunch of stories and pictures - very happy for you guys. Make sure pz does one of his famous pizzas!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #