Author Topic: EBOLA,are you prepared?  (Read 3001 times)

Offline catinatree

• Boulder, Colorado
Re: EBOLA,are you prepared?
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 08:22:22 PM »
Y'all  don't have to worry because I just heard the president say it will never, ever come to the US.   Oh, wait a minute.  That was something he said a few weeks ago.  Sorry.

I assume we are still letting flights from West Africa come into the country because there ain't nothin' to worry about.

Dee

And you can take that to the bank ...... every thing is OK !  ???
GMG Daniel Boone
Southwest Discada 24" Rio Grande
Discada tri-pod burner
PolyScience Sous Vide

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2014, 12:28:29 AM »
Sounds good to me. ;) Going to need em somewhere? I would want to have one if I get the 'honor' of caring for them.
-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/10/tyler-durden/feds-ordered-160000-ebola-hazmat-suits/

Now that Ebola is officially in the US on an uncontrolled basis, the two questions on everyone’s lips are i) who will get sick next and ii) how bad could it get?

We don’t know the answer to question #1 just yet, but when it comes to the second one, a press release three weeks ago from Lakeland Industries, a manufacturer and seller of a “comprehensive line of safety garments and accessories for the industrial protective clothing market” may provide some insight into just how bad the US State Department thinks it may get. Because when the US government buys 160,000 hazmat suits specifically designed against Ebola, just ahead of the worst Ebola epidemic in history making US landfall, one wonders: what do they know the we don’t?
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline spuds

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2014, 12:40:52 AM »
A link for Ebola preparedness.We picked up 2 blue 50 gallon water barrels for 20 each used,they had a whopping FOUR of em (He thought they were out but had some in back of other barrels)!They used to have stacks as we drove by the place.

Got wood shavings and lime for our 5 gallon bucket toilet.Preparing for quarantine.When they announce it,or it starts getting hot,these things will NOT be available.

Very good,in depth article with plenty of links if you are so inclined.
--------------------------------------
http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/10/daisy-luther/are-you-prepared-for-an-ebola-quarantine/

Best case scenario: You get these supplies,  the outbreak never occurs, and you can dole them out into your regular usage or stash them with your prepper stockpile while snickering at the crazy preppers.

Worst case scenario: You read this warning, you do nothing, and then the outbreak occurs. You realize that the prepper folks aren’t so crazy after all. But by then, it will be too late to stock up.

Don’t wait.

Don’t wait until it’s too late. By the time the CDC gets around to offering checklists to the rest of us, items like these will be in short supply. If you are unprepared, you’ll be at the mercy of organizations like FEMA, who will be doling out water bottles and MREs to those who are likewise hungry and thirsty.

To learn more about preparing for a real SHTF scenario like an Ebola pandemic, look to the following for  in-depth, practical advice:

Ebola Survival Handbook: A Collection of Tips, Strategies, and Supply Lists From Some of the World’s Best Preparedness Professionals

Prepping for an Ebola Lockdown

Pandemic Watch Facebook page

The Prepper’s Blueprint: The Step-By-Step Guide To Help You Through Any Disaster

The Pantry Primer: How to Build a One Year Food Supply in Three Months
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:51:02 AM by spuds »
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline spuds

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2014, 01:58:18 AM »

http://www.theorganicprepper.ca/heres-why-you-should-not-panic-over-ebola-10012014

Lockdown in 3, 2, 1…

To prep for lockdown, you need to do an inventory.  Imagine that you had to stay home for 60 days Imagine that you don’t have power or running water.  In this situation, you probably WILL have power and water, but just in case things really go sideways, you should prepare for that possibility.

Most likely, you are already prepared for all of this. You’re a prepper, right? You’ve got this handled.

So, just run a quick inventory of the following, fill any gaps, and consider yourself as pandemic-ready as  person can be.

Food supply (Learn more from this series or this book)
    Drinking water supply (1 gallon per person per day)
    Sanitation supplies (Learn more here)
    First aid supplies (Learn more here)
    Power outage supplies (Learn more here)
    Entertainment (Learn more here)
    Home defense (Learn more here)

You may find that you have a number of purchases to make, but you may alternatively be pleasantly surprised. Either way, taking stock of your position will provide you with a starting point and, I hope, some peace of mind.

Now, watch and wait.

Okay, you’ve compiled your lists, you’ve performed your inventory, and you have made your last-minute purchases.  You have the information you may need at your fingertips, in a hard copy format. There’s nothing left to do but watch and wait.
- See more at: http://www.theorganicprepper.ca/heres-why-you-should-not-panic-over-ebola-10012014#sthash.XAq7MK70.dpuf

Offline catinatree

• Boulder, Colorado
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2014, 08:27:44 AM »
I'm a tree guy, been in the business going on 30 years, and I'm certainly not afraid to get my hands dirty let alone bloody.

That being said, I'm also OCD when it comes to cleanliness.
My wife broke her wrist at work the other day, I went to the emergency room at Denver Health ........ trying not to breath while I was in there didn't last long, and I was using the hand sanitizer like candy. I even secretly used it on my face around my mouth and nose.

This was before ebola was here. I'm taking her back to the festering pit this morning for surgery.
GMG Daniel Boone
Discada tri-pod burner
PolyScience Sous Vide

Offline spuds

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2014, 09:47:10 AM »

This was before ebola was here. I'm taking her back to the festering pit this morning for surgery.
Yeah,where I work all the windows are sealed,and the air system is from th 1950's.Total crap air to the max,like having the car A/C on recirculate,that cant be good.

Offline nepas

• Ft Pierce Fl. Member #35
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2014, 12:19:14 PM »
Come on now.

This post is turning from preparedness into hysteria. Dont add to what the media is already built a fire out of.

Like my dad told me when i was a kid. It dont matter where you hide, If its big enough and wants to get you, it will.

Just saying.
Flint
New Elder Wand with infa red tip.

Offline spuds

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2014, 08:07:56 PM »
Come on now.

This post is turning from preparedness into hysteria. Dont add to what the media is already built a fire out of.

Like my dad told me when i was a kid. It dont matter where you hide, If its big enough and wants to get you, it will.

Just saying.
You can bet paramedics and first responders dont think its hysteria.Nor do I ,Im going to be facing it up close and personal when it gets here,and its here....NOW. Fact.Wonder how the first responders feel when they are answering calls in Dallas?

Had to laugh at the Hospital Talking Head as he says NO PROBLEM,we have it contained,no threat.This is the same hospital of 'professionals' that didnt see red flags go off waving in their faces when a fresh arrival from Ebola central presents with Ebola symptoms,and they turned him loose into the community.Great job Brownie,to coin a phrase.

Yeah,Im concerned.This is a horrible filthy disease and death.

And with all the reassurance from gov,wont get here,we will contain it....well,you see how well that worked,got thru screening,got past the hospital,and got right into Dallas. The border remains wide open to carriers who dont yet have symptoms,another Fact.As we just saw this week.

Normalcy bias?Im seeing a lot of that too.

Fact-parabolic rise.Ebola Zaire,worst form of Ebola virus BTW.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:35:33 PM by spuds »

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2014, 08:38:04 PM »
Facts aside...lets remember that we do not want to discourage anyone from reading or using LTBBQ....so, let's take it easy.

There is no doubting the potentials. Each of us should know them, and use our individual judgment on how to approach our preparedness.

Remember that LTBBQ exists first to create a relaxed atmosphere to talk about cooking. It is good to be aware of potential threats, but we do not want to make the site appear re-focused on disasters. We all get pounded by enough bad news, right?

I appreciate the information Spuds, so please don't take this as harsh - I just know that everyone is a bit un-nerved by recent events concerning the Ebola outbreaks.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:43:18 PM by teesquare »
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline spuds

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2014, 08:46:25 PM »
We had a fire here.We were traveling at the time,they wouldnt let us back home.We wound up in a campground,snug as a bug in a rug.Right down to satellite Tv.All around us were people in tents,in frozen rain,cold,awaiting clothing and food.Some were there for two weeks.BTW,rain put out the fire,firefighters couldnt contain it.Bad times indeed.

Lesson learned.Im going to be the person snug,warm,and well fed.Not caught off guard cold hungry and at a loss.

Just sayin'

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2014, 08:55:01 PM »
We had a fire here.We were traveling at the time,they wouldnt let us back home.We wound up in a campground,snug as a bug in a rug.Right down to satellite Tv.All around us were people in tents,in frozen rain,cold,awaiting clothing and food.Some were there for two weeks.BTW,rain put out the fire,firefighters couldnt contain it.Bad times indeed.

Lesson learned.Im going to be the person snug,warm,and well fed.Not caught off guard cold hungry and at a loss.

Just sayin'

And - I do agree with the analogy, and appreciate your efforts to keep everyone informed. I really do.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline catinatree

• Boulder, Colorado
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2014, 09:09:36 PM »
Information is power
GMG Daniel Boone
Discada tri-pod burner
PolyScience Sous Vide

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2014, 09:41:48 PM »
Information is power

Yes, and power corrupts, absolutely.  :D...And - again, we ALL owe it to ourselves to determine how we want to process the events as we see them taking place - then determine how we each choose to act.

But - it is easy to take an extremist view - in either direction. My point is this: WE at LTBBQ are HERE to learn from one another - mostly about food related stuff.  But, like religion and politics, big scary topics like this can easily turn people off. And - that is not what was intended. I have complete confidence that the topic was established with nothing but pure motives, and concern for everyone. I believe that completely. However- it is just a difficult topic when some folks are worried, others are doubtful, and some know things are bad, but they just do not want ANOTHER person telling them about it. It is not possible to escape the fear mongering that the news agencies practice. And - we have become so distrustful of the news - that frankly - most of us try to tune it out.
I am not defending that, but I can sympathize with the over-burden of stress that TOO MUCH information - even good information - can create.

Let us exercise such compassion for one another when we tread on topics that are sensationalized by the media, and become polarizing. When we fail to do so - we make the thrush harder to see, hear - and recognize as the truth.

Let us close this discussion with these words please: Take care of yourselves, one another - and let us have some pleasant talk about food. ;D
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401