Author Topic: Grandson's Red Hairdo  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Grandson's Red Hairdo
« Reply #-1 on: October 05, 2014, 09:47:38 AM »
Oct 5 2014

Our grandson’s soccer team is doing  good, haven’t lost a game yet. They have won 5 or 6. I feel bad that with my bad leg I haven’t seen any of his games yet. They had a game Sat. and then he came for supper and to stay while his Mom & Dad went out.

He showed up with his hair spiked and the spike was dyed red. He said his Mom did it for the game today; their colors are red & white. I really didn’t care for it but I told him it looked pretty neat! I remember some of my hairdos when I was young were important to me.

I told him if I would have had a hairdo like that my Dad would have kicked me out and said not to come back until the red was gone! Then I told him about me wearing some clam diggers for the first time.

Growing up in the 50’s only girls wore shorts; boys wore long pants. Then with the crazy rock and roll that started in the 50’s; clam diggers came out for boys. They were just below the knees. I bought my first pair of white ones. I think I was about 13 and had cleaned up and came down from upstairs with my clam diggers on. My Dad asked where I was going in those pants. I said I was going uptown. He said you’re not going anywhere in those pants, get upstairs and put some long pants on. I knew better than to argue.

I think my Mom must have talked to Dad because I did ware those things and thought I was cool!

[attachments deleted after 6 months]
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
Re: Grandson's Red Hairdo
« on: October 05, 2014, 10:00:40 AM »
Don, I loved the clam diggers and boat neck t-shirts with white Keds. Too bad we don't have a picture of them. I think they were the equivalent of female "pedal pushers".  I just had a blinding flash!--Tommy in clam diggers :o.  Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 10:29:23 AM »
 ;D
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 10:51:49 AM »
The kids over here figured out they can die there hair with Kool-Aid Packets and water. There's some crazy Kool-Aid colors out there :)

Offline grossie

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 11:00:59 AM »
It all either washes out or grows out!
Not having much hair, I'm more than a little jealous...
PBC
Cabela's Ultimate Cookstation
Pizza oven for above
TBE
BEESR

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »
He could have done worse.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 01:59:38 PM »
He could have done worse.

Yeah, he could have had the waist of his pants down to his knees.  ::)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline aliengriller

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 08:35:19 PM »
Figure we have all done the same thing, or very similar, over the years!   Mine was "beach sandals," basically open toe and heel slides in a wild yellow/black print.   My dad told me to put those things in the trash and NEVER wear them again.   I did, but not in front of him, although bet he knew it!   May he rest in peace!   Our kids and now grandkids do the same thing to us--we just roll our eyes, say a silent prayer and keep moving on!   We're all the same, no matter what the generation!   Oh, I also bleached the front part of my flat top for a couple of years when I was a pre-teen.    Hmmm--was it two percent or three percent peroxide?   Can't remember!  LOL

Offline deestafford

• Augusta, GA
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 09:07:40 PM »
Speaking of Daddies.  One day one of my nephews came to the house with long hair.  Daddy told him if he ever came there again with that long  hair he would take his pocket knife and cut it off.  Get a hair cut.  A week ore so later he came back....no hair cut.  Daddy took out his pocket knife, put him in a hammerlock,  and cut so much of his hair that he had to get it cut short.

Dee
This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, misquotes, and lack a coherent theme.  These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the beauty of the post.

Five Burner Quantum IR Grill , TBE, SRG, 2 MES, 3 Bayou Cookers

Offline smokendevo

• Northern Ontario
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 09:51:38 PM »
Speaking of Daddies.  One day one of my nephews came to the house with long hair.  Daddy told him if he ever came there again with that long  hair he would take his pocket knife and cut it off.  Get a hair cut.  A week ore so later he came back....no hair cut.  Daddy took out his pocket knife, put him in a hammerlock,  and cut so much of his hair that he had to get it cut short.

Dee
Now a days you would be in jail for so long you would never see him grow up if you ever did that now.

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 10:43:12 PM »

Dee
Now a days you would be in jail for so long you would never see him grow up if you ever did that now.

Ain't that the truth.  ::)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)