Author Topic: Found an Orange Can!!!  (Read 6764 times)

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Found an Orange Can!!!
« Reply #-1 on: October 23, 2014, 09:28:42 AM »
Oct 22 2014

Anyone who drinks Keystone beer should know about the orange can hunt. For a promotion Keystone beer now comes painted with Real Tree Camo hunting season colors instead of the familiar blue can. They have put a few cans out painted orange with Can Hunt 2014 on the can.

I buy my Keystone from Sandman’s carry out, The Beer and Wine Depot. I don’t know how many 30 packs I have went through and no orange can. I kept telling the girl who usually waits on me that I wanted one of those orange cans. I never really expected to find one.

I was surprised when I did get one! There was an internet address on the can to go to for info on signing up. I had to send a picture of the can and said I would get an e-mail to go sign in and give more info. With my luck the e-mail did not have the address hyperlinked so had to write back, waiting for an answer now.

There are 3 grand prizes of a 4 wheel RV worth $11,000. I have had no luck at winning things over my 72 years. If I would win one of them I doubt if I could even get on it!! I would have to sell it.

I think what I have really won is a Keystone orange can to save as a souvenir!!!  ;) Don

Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
Re: Found an Orange Can!!!
« on: October 23, 2014, 10:38:01 AM »
Not sure that winning would be worth having to drink Keystone Light.  LOL!  Good luck Don.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 10:44:09 AM »
I think our tastes vary. And they change with time as individuals. Sometimes - I really crave a Miller Light....Make fun all you want - there is something to be said for a "drinking" beer", rather than a "sipping beer".

Miler Light like Keystone - is not one for proving one's manhood. It is just an easy to drink beer. It has no agenda, nothing to prove - and goes down without a fight like a lot of the stronger ( both in flavor and alcohol) beers.

Many beers for many reasons, tastes - and seasons.
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline hikerman

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:55:08 AM »
Tim, you got my vote brother.  What are you running for again? Lol   8)
I do agree with you tho! We ALL have our own personal likes and dislikes, heck if we were all the same with our prefferences the world and US would be very boring.

And Don, when you win buddy I'm going to expect a ride on the new machine!

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 11:13:20 AM »
I think our tastes vary. And they change with time as individuals. Sometimes - I really crave a Miller Light....Make fun all you want - there is something to be said for a "drinking" beer", rather than a "sipping beer".

Miler Light like Keystone - is not one for proving one's manhood. It is just an easy to drink beer. It has no agenda, nothing to prove - and goes down without a fight like a lot of the stronger ( both in flavor and alcohol) beers.

Thanks for getting all serious on me this morning.  Now I feel bad (even though I did put an LOL into my comment).
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 11:53:35 AM »

Thanks Tee!!! As much as I like beer I can't drink the good stuff all the time! Keystone is a nice lite beer on taste and alcohol for me. It's my everday beer! You don't have to drink Keystone SB and we forgive you!!!!  ;D  ;D Don
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 12:10:18 PM »
Oh....I would not feel too bad - heck you have some of the best BBQ in the world in your back yard - and you obviously like teasing me too.... :D :D :D :D

I know there was no intent to offend - just saw an opportunity to "gig you" ;D ( I am sure my turn comes up again soon.... ;))
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 12:31:50 PM »
Drinking a beer that has no agenda, nothing to prove - and goes down without a fight is like making love in a canoe.  :P :P :P
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline GusRobin

• Test
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 12:56:28 PM »
Drinking a beer that has no agenda, nothing to prove - and goes down without a fight is like making love in a canoe.  :P :P :P
Some of my best "work" was in a canoe (no it was not a solo flight). It is not the location, it is the participants. :D :D :D
Why couldn't Noah have swatted the 2 mosquitoes?.

Offline Pappymn

Found an Orange Can!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 01:49:36 PM »

This may be the most effeminate post in the History of LTBBQ.???
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 01:53:37 PM »
Oh....I would not feel too bad - heck you have some of the best BBQ in the world in your back yard - and you obviously like teasing me too.... :D :D :D :D

I know there was no intent to offend - just saw an opportunity to "gig you" ;D ( I am sure my turn comes up again soon.... ;))

...when you least expect it Tim.  :o

LVC - That's my joke about Canadian whisky.  :D

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »
Good luck, Don!!   Fun idea-- like Willy Wonka's golden ticket for grown ups!   :) 

I don't think I've heard that joke in like 20 years!!   Took a minute to remember the punch line! 
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 01:57:17 PM »
I think this post has been more fun than finding that dam orange can!!!  :D Don
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 01:57:26 PM »
Cheers, Don!     ;)

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 02:14:11 PM »

Soooo...I am gonna guess you have a lot of experience in removing splinters? 8)

This may be the most effeminate post in the History of LTBBQ.???

Now...Pappy...don't make me post that picture of you in drag....again..... :D :D :D

Those whom judge manhood by their beer choice - must have a lot of  "lack of manhood" to make up for..... ;) :D
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401