Author Topic: Found an Orange Can!!!  (Read 6763 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Found an Orange Can!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 03:21:37 PM »
Don good luck on the win! If you do win maybe they can give you cash value ;)

I have been known to drink a Coors Light once in a while ::)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 03:24:18 PM »

So Sorry  :(  I'll have to send you some of Kimmie's Bud lights to make up for that  :P :P :P :P

No one should have to endure Coors light  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 03:37:31 PM »
PBR is the crap beer of choice around these parts--  Portland is full of murals in homage to the stuff.    ???

Next get together, there should be a blind taste testing of all the 'canoe' beers.  :)  And whoever labels the most correctly will get to drive Don on his new ATV to the dealership to trade it in for $$!   :)   

MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline Hub

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 04:28:35 PM »
I think our tastes vary. And they change with time as individuals. Sometimes - I really crave a Miller Light....Make fun all you want - there is something to be said for a "drinking" beer", rather than a "sipping beer".

Miler Light like Keystone - is not one for proving one's manhood. It is just an easy to drink beer. It has no agenda, nothing to prove - and goes down without a fight like a lot of the stronger ( both in flavor and alcohol) beers.

Many beers for many reasons, tastes - and seasons.

I feel your pain, Tim.  Many, many times I look over all the sophisticated brews in the case and ponder them.  Then I find the familiar blue and white cans and buy good ol' Miller Lite -- the pale, stale ale with the head on the bottom  ::)

Hub
Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2014, 05:34:13 PM »
FWIW, I am not necessarily in the "sophisticated beer" camp.  I just don't like domestic lagers.  My list is Guinness, Harp, Bass, Boddingtons, McEwan's, MacAndrew's... and if I am forced into the abomination that is American Scotch style ale I can deal with Dirty Bastard.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2014, 05:45:51 PM »
FWIW, I am not necessarily in the "sophisticated beer" camp.  I just don't like domestic lagers.  My list is Guinness, Harp, Bass, Boddingtons, McEwan's, MacAndrew's... and if I am forced into the abomination that is American Scotch style ale I can deal with Dirty Bastard.

Quit squirmin' Chris....I was just messing' with you :D :D :D...ANd BTW - ALL of those you listed are considered "sophisticated" to all of us that grew up in the "dark ages" of beer ;D....Heck I remember when beer was  about $8 a case....but guys in Texas would pay $25 a case for Coors..."The Banquet Beer" :D :D :D :D. There actually was a truck driver we knew that would load up in CO when he made trips that way...and he would boot-leg it back to Texas at $25 a case - and make his otherwise empty truck pay for the fuel.

Styles and tastes change in order to keep the merchant in business ;) Bear unmanned that I live 20 minutes from "Beer City USA"          ( Asheville NC). Whatever you crave in beer, ales - or the finest moonshine - we make it here. 8). Come for a visit and I will see that you have as many different kinds, styles, flavors, high gravity, regular octane, fruit flavored, coffee flavored - ( hell dirty sock flavored I will bet is made around here somewhere...) as you can stand.

I think our tastes vary. And they change with time as individuals. Sometimes - I really crave a Miller Light....Make fun all you want - there is something to be said for a "drinking" beer", rather than a "sipping beer".

Miler Light like Keystone - is not one for proving one's manhood. It is just an easy to drink beer. It has no agenda, nothing to prove - and goes down without a fight like a lot of the stronger ( both in flavor and alcohol) beers.

I feel your pain, Tim.  Many, many times I look over all the sophisticated brews in the case and ponder them.  Then I find the familiar blue and white cans and buy good ol' Miller Lite -- the pale, stale ale with the head on the bottom  ::)

Hub

I have been called a "simple guy" - for various reasons ::) ??? 8).....my taste in beer are about as exotic as a fine Modelo Negro. My Favorite ( if everyday beverage is Shiner Bock. But sometimes...a COLD Miller Light on a hot day after mowing the grass, or while slain' over the grill....is just plain hard to beat!
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2014, 05:55:49 PM »
I consider the sophisticated stuff the domestic micros and crafts.  All of the beers I mentioned (with the exception of DB) are common drinks in their home country.  Now if you want to talk unsophisticated I can get down with some MD 20/20, Wild Irish Rose or Thunderbird.  Heck, throw a 40 of OE in there for good measure and I'm set.
Custom Offset/GMG Davy Crockett/Vision Kamado/Blackstone 36"/Weber 22" "redhead"/ WSM 14.5" X2/Jumbo Joe/Pit Boss Copperhead/KCBS

Offline Scallywag

• Ontario, Canada
Found an Orange Can!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 06:21:27 PM »
I like a good craft beer from time to time but it's so damn expensive here. 24 bottles of Budweiser costs 38 bucks.
Mak 2 star #855
XL BGE
18.5 WSM

Offline Pappymn

Found an Orange Can!!!
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 06:49:05 PM »

Quit squirmin' Chris....I was just messing' with you :D :D :D...ANd BTW - ALL of those you listed are considered "sophisticated" to all of us that grew up in the "dark ages" of beer ;D....Heck I remember when beer was  about $8 a case....but guys in Texas would pay $25 a case for Coors..."The Banquet Beer" :D :D :D :D. There actually was a truck driver we knew that would load up in CO when he made trips that way...and he would boot-leg it back to Texas at $25 a case - and make his otherwise empty truck pay for the fuel.

Styles and tastes change in order to keep the merchant in business ;) Bear unmanned that I live 20 minutes from "Beer City USA"          ( Asheville NC). Whatever you crave in beer, ales - or the finest moonshine - we make it here. 8). Come for a visit and I will see that you have as many different kinds, styles, flavors, high gravity, regular octane, fruit flavored, coffee flavored - ( hell dirty sock flavored I will bet is made around here somewhere...) as you can stand.

Hub

I have been called a "simple guy" - for various reasons ::) ??? 8).....my taste in beer are about as exotic as a fine Modelo Negro. My Favorite ( if everyday beverage is Shiner Bock. But sometimes...a COLD Miller Light on a hot day after mowing the grass, or while slain' over the grill....is just plain hard to beat!

Didn't they make a movie about that beer run????
Pappy

Proud Owner of Mak 2 Star General #1,000
Weber Performer
Blackstone SS Griddle
Member #109

Offline teesquare

• Global Moderator
  • Brevard NC - Home Of Hillbilly Caviar
    • Savor Spices
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 07:17:36 PM »
Yessir! ;)
BBQ is neither verb or noun. It is an experience.
Fine Swine and Bovine BBQ Team - Home of squeal and veal!
Beer, Butter and Bacon make everything better.
PBC
PBC Jr.
MAK 2 Star General #639
MAK 2 Star General #4401

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 08:16:36 PM »
That orange can is awesome, you deserve to win Don.

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2014, 09:54:33 PM »
SB if you drink these, Guinness, Harp, Bass, Boddingtons, McEwan's, MacAndrew's or Dirty Bastard, you'll be in bed before I really get a good start with my Keystone!!!  ???  ::) Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2014, 11:04:47 PM »

So Sorry  :(  I'll have to send you some of Kimmie's Bud lights to make up for that  :P :P :P :P

Tommy I could say the same about Bud light ::)
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline sliding_billy

• North Texas
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2014, 03:48:48 AM »
SB if you drink these, Guinness, Harp, Bass, Boddingtons, McEwan's, MacAndrew's or Dirty Bastard, you'll be in bed before I really get a good start with my Keystone!!!  ???  ::) Don

Haha.  Too true.  I won't have to pee as often though.  ;D

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2014, 11:27:20 AM »

Tommy I could say the same about Bud light ::)

I think they should put Bud Light and Coors Light back in the horse.