Author Topic: Found an Orange Can!!!  (Read 6762 times)

Offline Sandman

Re: Found an Orange Can!!!
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 04:11:58 PM »
I found these along time ago when LITE beer was putting them out for halloween. 

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 04:50:02 PM »
I drink Coors Light every day and all sorts of other "good" beers too. I can remember when you could not get Coors in Alabama so when you could find it, it was a must have. I can also remember when you could not get Boone's Farm wine in Alabama. The ladies loved it and if you took a bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill to a girls house you knew you were going to get lucky. 
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2014, 11:30:24 PM »
I drink Coors Light every day and all sorts of other "good" beers too. I can remember when you could not get Coors in Alabama so when you could find it, it was a must have. I can also remember when you could not get Boone's Farm wine in Alabama. The ladies loved it and if you took a bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill to a girls house you knew you were going to get lucky.

I remember those days when you couldn't get Coors east of the Mississippi.  Dad had connections in Dallas TX and was able to get Coors delivered to the house, 10 cases at a time.  When he took an ice chest of Coors out on the parade route (Mardi Gras in New Orleans) he became the most popular guy on the parade route.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2014, 08:39:00 AM »

In 1959 Coors stopped using standard pasteurization methods and started using sterile filtration. This process however required that the beer constantly stay cold. If the beer got warm it would have an off taste. I believe this made the shipping and keeping in stores more difficult until Coors decided to return to the industry standard. At least this is what my Uncle told me and he was a Coors drinker all his life ::)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:12:29 AM by muebe »
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2014, 11:07:22 PM »
Nov 05 2014

Just as I thought; my prize in Keystone’s Orange Can hunt is the orange can! They had the last drawing Nov. 1st. They were to notify you by e-mail or phone and here it is the 5th.! I did get to drink the beer from it but I paid for that! Oh well not everyone had the satisfaction of drinking Keystone from an orange can!

On the brighter side if I keep the can for 8 years it may be worth $29. I saw on e-bay someone was selling a 2006 orange can for that amount.

Below is a shot of my ever companion keeping me company while I drink beer from my orange can!

Smokin Don

Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline Las Vegan Cajun

• Ralph in LA$ VEGA$
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2014, 11:11:32 PM »
Don, you're looking marvelous with your orange can and companion.  ;)
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
----------------------
Magma Marine Kettle, Camp Chef Single Burner, Dutch Oven Table & Denali 3X, Lodge Habachi, BEESR, WSJ w/GrillGrates, WSM 18.5, Masterbuilt Pro Smoker, Anova Sous Vide (X2), Traeger Jr, 12" A-MAZE-N Tube, PBC, LEM Dehydrator, Dorkfood (DSV)

Offline SmokinKat

• The Rounds Farm
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2014, 11:17:23 AM »
Orange is a good color for you!   :)   And at least you've got some great company to enjoy with!
MAK 2 Star #2639
MAK 1 Star # 819
Office/Sales associate at MAK Grills
http://theroundsfarm.blogspot.com/

Offline Keymaster

• Keymaster Kitchen
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2014, 08:27:31 PM »
I got a good smile out of that Don, Your a good sport.

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2014, 11:01:23 PM »
I think our tastes vary. And they change with time as individuals. Sometimes - I really crave a Miller Light....Make fun all you want - there is something to be said for a "drinking" beer", rather than a "sipping beer".

Miler Light like Keystone - is not one for proving one's manhood. It is just an easy to drink beer. It has no agenda, nothing to prove - and goes down without a fight like a lot of the stronger ( both in flavor and alcohol) beers.

Many beers for many reasons, tastes - and seasons.

This may be the most effeminate post in the History of LTBBQ.???

Before saying anything else (which will negate this comment....) I have to raise a glass to Pappy - great comment, my friend!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2014, 11:07:53 PM »
Smokin Don - congratulations on your spiffy orange can! Nice score.

I enjoyed reading all the beer comments. I was never a big beer drinker (but give me a single malt Scotch or Irish.... oh yeah...) But in college with no money, I strapped many cases of Fox Deluxe on the back of my motorcycle...
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2014, 08:59:53 AM »
I think our tastes vary. And they change with time as individuals. Sometimes - I really crave a Miller Light....Make fun all you want - there is something to be said for a "drinking" beer", rather than a "sipping beer".

Miler Light like Keystone - is not one for proving one's manhood. It is just an easy to drink beer. It has no agenda, nothing to prove - and goes down without a fight like a lot of the stronger ( both in flavor and alcohol) beers.

Many beers for many reasons, tastes - and seasons.

This may be the most effeminate post in the History of LTBBQ.???

Pappy, you nailed him.