Author Topic: Ah Heeee.....What day!!!  (Read 2320 times)

Offline Paul Hart

Re: Ah Heeee.....What day!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 12:39:42 PM »
None of those states honor the other states carry permits? I can travel pretty much any adjoining state and like 30 others with my Ky carry.
PBC
Weber Performer
Smokenator
Blow torch

Offline Paul Hart

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 12:41:55 PM »
Pretty much all of them it appears, including Utah and Nevada. http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/ccdw/reciprocity.html
PBC
Weber Performer
Smokenator
Blow torch

Offline Big Dawg

• Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    • The Sultans of Swine
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 03:57:14 PM »
When I originally applied for my CCW in NC, and when I renewed it  had a heck of a time getting finger prints that would take.  I was called back both times.  They didn't want to hear that I used to carry some pretty healthy clearances back in the day.  The last time the lady officer asked me what I did for a living.  I told her that I was retired.  My hobby was cooking.  As soon as I said that she asked me how often I washed my hands.  I told her "a lot"!  What had apparently happened was that I was washing all the oils in my hands away, thus leaving it really difficult for any definition of my finger prints to show through.  Don't worry, I'm not going out to test that theory and rob a bank.  I'm too old and definitely too slow for that kind of nonsense. 

And yes, they do get their pound of "cash" initially and when you renew in NC. 

Art

Probably not that big a deal for you, but it sucks for me that SC does not recognize our permits.  My friends and I ride down there all the time and it really chaps (no pun intended) me that I cannot carry.

Also sucks that the NC permit is only for handguns.

BD
The Sultans of Swine

22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man
26.75 - Big Kahuna

KCBS: The Sultans of Swine-NC

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 04:34:11 PM »
  We seem to have it easy here I guess. You fill out your very first app and wait 1 or 2 weeks.  (30 years ago for me) After that you just show up at the sheriffs field office once a year. Give them $25 bucks and get a new picture taken. She runs a new background (same as buying a gun) , prints your card right there and your done... 20 minutes is as long as it has ever taken.
  My work background checks are done through the ABI with some of us also needing the FBI background  done.  But they also only required the finger prints once at the beginning.  We have two people on staff certified to do fingerprints so mostly they are done here or some at the local P.D. .
 Every once in a while a job will pop up that needs a new check for their premises but not too often.

I saw the NRA just put out a new nationwide CC report showing the states rules respectively. Its on their site I think.  I'll see if I still have that e-mail...
Terry "Way down in Alabama"