Author Topic: The Best Thing You Ever Ate . . .  (Read 4838 times)

Offline solobaric

Re: The Best Thing You Ever Ate . . .
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 11:18:06 AM »
My wife and I went to an extremely fancy restaurant for our anniversary a few years ago in St. Louis. I'm talking suit and tie fancy, lol. I really wasn't expecting the food to be that great, just overpriced. I saw something interesting on the menu. It was a caramel apple porkchop. It was over 2 inches thick and is the still the best thing I've ever eaten to this day. Every bite was both savory and sweet. I would drive to St Louis again just for that porkchop.
Traeger Little Texas Elite

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 11:19:48 AM »
My wife and I went to an extremely fancy restaurant for our anniversary a few years ago in St. Louis. I'm talking suit and tie fancy, lol. I really wasn't expecting the food to be that great, just overpriced. I saw something interesting on the menu. It was a caramel apple porkchop. It was over 2 inches thick and is the still the best thing I've ever eaten to this day. Every bite was both savory and sweet. I would drive to St Louis again just for that porkchop.
Can you describe how it was put together?  Would like to try and duplicate it somehow.   
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION

Offline solobaric

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 11:35:55 AM »
Can you describe how it was put together?  Would like to try and duplicate it somehow.

Well, I won't do it justice but it didn't have any actual apples on it like other porkchop and apple dishes I've seen so it had to have been marinated/cooked in an apple juice or reduction. The caramel flavor came from a glaze of some sort. My wife and I swore it tasted just like a Wethers caramel candy. Almost like they melted some werthers in the kitchen and drizzled it over the porkchop. The meat itself had a strong hickory smoked flavor. It was all pretty intense together.
Traeger Little Texas Elite

Offline TMB

• Toney, Alabama
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 11:57:50 AM »

Well, I won't do it justice but it didn't have any actual apples on it like other porkchop and apple dishes I've seen so it had to have been marinated/cooked in an apple juice or reduction. The caramel flavor came from a glaze of some sort. My wife and I swore it tasted just like a Wethers caramel candy. Almost like they melted some werthers in the kitchen and drizzled it over the porkchop. The meat itself had a strong hickory smoked flavor. It was all pretty intense together.
Your making me drooooooooooool.  Lord that sounds good.   I'll got to try it thanks

Sorry Hub, didn't mean to mess up the thread but I had to know what this looked like ;)
Member #2
2 SRG's  (infrared)
1 BEESR (ele Big Easy infrared)
1 DC smoker/ charcoal SRG (infrared)
1 Infrared smoker (Home Built pellet smoker)
1 Grill2go ice (infrared)
Rec-Tec smoker
Weber Smokey Joe (Silver)
I HAVE AN INFRARED ADDICTION