Author Topic: Goodbye Old Friend  (Read 7164 times)

Offline TwoPockets

Re: Goodbye Old Friend
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 10:30:15 AM »
So sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline sparky

• northern california
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 10:57:06 AM »
Sorry for your family. 
PBC
Cobb Grill
Go Sun Solar Cooker
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Mastertouch
member #66

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 11:32:53 AM »
So very sorry for your loss. We can only hope that when we pass we can meet our furry friends and resume our "Time Together"

Time Together
Flora, though you sleep
On our guru's lap now
All we see everywhere is you
As we recall our time together

Lucky is how we felt
The day we found you
And we were such a happy three
O how we loved our time together

Why must the Present
Turn to Past so fast?
The disappearing Now
I wish I had a golden bough
To bring you back somehow

Someday when all our hearts
Are reassembled
Love will connect us once again
And we'll resume our time together
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 11:47:33 AM »
This has been posted before. And, I hesitated to post again if only because the dang onions come out.... :'(

But your loss reminded me of my best friend... So, here goes... The Rainbow Bridge...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 
Author unknown...

You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline IR2dum

• Houston, TX
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 11:53:32 AM »
Sorry for the loss of Daisy. She was a beautiful dog.

Offline fishingbouchman

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 12:23:16 PM »
Sorry to hear about the loss
Mak 1 Star
Weber Kettle "Blue"

Offline TentHunteR

• Global Moderator
  • N.E. Ohio
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 01:10:42 PM »
It's always sad. They really do integrate themselves into our families.
<><
2017 MAK 1 Star General with FlameZone
Former Owner: MAK 1 Star General - 2014 & 2011 Models
Weber Performer with Stoven Pellet Grill Adapter
Modified Horizontal Offset Smoker
1986 Weber One-Touch Silver (a few dings, but still works)
Member #68

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 11:17:29 PM »
Judy and I want to say Thank You to all our friends for your thoughts, nice words and remembering to post the rainbow bridge. She isn't the first four legged friend we've lost and she certainly won't be the last as there are too many out there in need of a good home and life with out a few good dogs around just isn't a life that's full.

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 11:58:23 PM »
It took me way too long to find a new buddy - it was so hard to lose my friend. But I applaud you your efforts to keep going. Once I did, it filled a huge hole. Mine is a rescue and I am happy we did this. I wish you the best and hope you find the way to a new friend. They will all be waiting for you.
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 10:26:11 AM »
We will always have dogs in our lives and we always will get rescues. We would never buy from a breeder.......too many pooches out there are suffering and need a good home.....
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 11:21:22 AM »
We will always have dogs in our lives and we always will get rescues. We would never buy from a breeder.......too many pooches out there are suffering and need a good home.....

It took me way too long to find a new buddy - it was so hard to lose my friend. But I applaud you your efforts to keep going. Once I did, it filled a huge hole. Mine is a rescue and I am happy we did this. I wish you the best and hope you find the way to a new friend. They will all be waiting for you.

You guy's are so right, we still have 2 other rescue basset's and we never seem to stay at only 2 for very long. Even the two boy's are missing her still though.

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 01:00:19 PM »

You guy's are so right, we still have 2 other rescue basset's and we never seem to stay at only 2 for very long. Even the two boy's are missing her still though.

I bet they are. Too easy to think dogs don't have memories - but they do... give them some extra love...
Member #

Offline africanmeat

• Cape Town South Africa
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 07:27:31 AM »
Sorry for your loss. It is like losing a family member.a family member that loved you unconditionally.
Ahron
cadac gas grill
GMG Daniel Boone
MES 30"
RF self made smoker
wood pizza oven
weber

Offline Saber 4

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 08:03:04 PM »

I bet they are. Too easy to think dogs don't have memories - but they do... give them some extra love...

I will first weekend I get home, the wife is giving them all the love she can while I'm gone.

Offline Northshore

Goodbye Old Friend
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2015, 10:23:05 PM »
Sorry for your loss.
Paul
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi