Author Topic: Maddie, My Weimaraner Pal  (Read 60941 times)

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
Re: Maddie, My Weimaraner Pal
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 03:21:20 PM »
Beautiful dogs Paul!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Maddie, My Weimaraner Pal
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 03:28:01 PM »
I don't view it as hijacking when we share anecdotes about a common interest.

He got to the first bird, picked it up and instantly spit it out. As I came up to him, he was still spitting...  ??? ;D He gave me a look questioning why we were doing this. But as I retrieved the bird, he ran to the other and I followed him... he was standing with his paw on the bird. Looking at me to say "Nope, no way am I putting THAT in my mouth." Never an issue with any other bird or even rabbits - just doves.

For years we hunted doves - he never picked one up again, but always found them and stood with his paw on the bird until I came to get it. Miss that dog.

I wonder why.  Petey always got a mouthful of sharptail grouse feathers and would spit them and paw at them after every retrieve.  He would wait for me to reach in his mouth and clean out the ones that were stuck.  The same with sand burrs in his feet.  I've not shot sharptails over Maddie or Willa 'cause I don't like to eat them.

Petey, all 105 lbs. of him, delivering a pheasant to my son.

Don't know - he just didn't like doves....

Wonderful picture - a very good looking strong dog. it's funny when dogs know to "pose" for the camera.
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #