Author Topic: Just stumbled accross this  (Read 57050 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
Re: Just stumbled accross this
« on: April 25, 2015, 08:48:22 PM »
Dang Muebe is peeling onions again!  ;) Awesome find David!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 08:49:58 PM »
Yeah all the way from CA to MN...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 09:05:18 PM »
When Damien, my Red Setter of 12 years, had to be put down - cancer - I was one of those that said - "never again, it is too hard..." And for many years I said no. But we got Roscoe (against my wishes) - a rescue mutt almost three years ago.

He is a PITA for everyone but me. He and I spent his time growing up working together. He is rambunctious, and unfortunately very protective. But he does accept me as the alpha (wish my wife did...  ???) We work on this and if I can work with him when he meets a new person, we can get past it and move forward.

But when taking in a rescue, it is important to understand what you DON'T know and be ready to work with it. I love this guy and I will always do rescues, but it is important to understand what it takes.

I think of Le Petite Prince and how to tame a fox... so true.
Member #

Offline muebe

• Santa Clarita,Ca
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 11:34:07 AM »
I am carving the onions heavily!
Member #22
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
Traeger PTG with PID
PBC
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)
Uuni 2 Wood Fired Pizza Oven

Offline TwoPockets

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 11:55:25 AM »
Dadgummit David.
Ken

Weber Performer charcoal grill
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Char-Broil H20 electric smoker (back from the dead)
Camp Chef Expedition propane outdoor range
Camp Chef Italia Artisan pizza oven
Half a ton(literally) of cast iron cookware

Offline pmillen

• She's saying, "There's one over there."
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 06:29:43 PM »
It occurred to me day that we humans are the only species that regularly takes another species into our homes to live with us.  Of course there are some isolated instances but nothing like what humans regularly do.

The closest I could find was an ant species that cares for aphids.  But they do it so they can milk the aphids so it's more like keeping livestock.
Paul

MAK 2-Star - M Grills M-36 - Hunsaker Drum - Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle - PK Grill - Masterbuilt 1050 - Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Blower - Broilmaster H3 Gas

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 07:04:06 PM »
It occurred to me day that we humans are the only species that regularly takes another species into our homes to live with us.  Of course there are some isolated instances but nothing like what humans regularly do.

The closest I could find was an ant species that cares for aphids.  But they do it so they can milk the aphids so it's more like keeping livestock.

I hadn't thought of that, Paul. It is intriguing.... I wonder what that means...
Member #