Author Topic: Clydesdales  (Read 54607 times)

Offline drholly

• Member No Longer With Us
  • Brooklyn Park, MN
Clydesdales
« Reply #-1 on: June 23, 2015, 12:38:45 PM »
Have you ever thought about what it takes to train those horses for the commercials?

http://www.metaspoon.com/budweiser-horse-training-robin-wiltshire/?fb=536M1n1d5599a9&utm_source=536M1n1d5599a9

Wow!
You can't catch a fish if you don't get a line wet...
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline smokeasaurus

• Global Moderator
Re: Clydesdales
« on: June 23, 2015, 12:54:53 PM »
Nice, thanks for sharing this one  :)
Got Smoke?

Keveri H1 Charcoal oven

Joined 12-5-11   Member# 32

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 01:27:26 PM »
Most entertaining.  Thanks for posting.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 02:10:00 PM »
A great video David!!! TFS! I have seen these magnificent horses several times at the Minster, Ohio October Fest and one time got to see them, when the weather was cool, coming down the street at a full gallop. An awesome site and sound.

We saw them at Bush Gardens in VA. They do pamper them, one year they were at the Auglaize  Co. fair and were going to make a trip up town and back to the fairgrounds. When they got uptown they decided it was too hot for them for the return trip so brought the trucks up, loaded them and hauled them back. I would love to see them one more time!

Smokin Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/

Offline HighOnSmoke

• Global Moderator
  • Palm Bay, Florida
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 03:52:11 PM »
Cool video David! Thanks for posting!
Mike

Auto Akorn Kamado
Recteq Stampede
Recteq Bullseye 380X
Weber Master Touch
PK Original Grill
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Green Mountain Grill Pizza Insert
Blackstone 36" and 22" griddles

Offline squirtthecat

• Springfield-ish, IL
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 03:55:08 PM »

If you are near St Louis - do the AB brewery tour..   It's free, and you get to see some of the Clydesdales up close and personal.

Offline CDN Smoker

• Manitoba, Canada
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 04:04:19 PM »
Also seem them at Bush Gardens ;D. The little ones like their bums rubbed  :P
"GO JETS GO"

MAK 2 Star #1351
Traeger Model BBQ 124, # 1106

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded. – Virginia Woolf (Usually misquoted as “no pictures, didn’t happen”)

Any mistakes in my writing is by Apple and I am tired of fighting with him as to who is correct.

Offline Gumby

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 08:40:00 AM »
Those horses are ENORMOUS!!  We go to a Draft Horse pull in Lathrop, MO every year & it is just so cool to see those horses pull!  They are so docile, until they catch sight of the sled.  A couple years ago there was a pair of Belgians weighing 4400 lbs that pulled almost 15000 lbs.  VERY impressive!
Just a guy who loves his wife, smoked dead animal & the Georgia Bulldogs.

Offline hikerman

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 10:45:37 AM »
Sorry I missed this when you posted it David. Very cool!
Until 5 years ago I worked for about 15 years with father of the guy in this article. His name was Dan too and he was so proud of his son's accomplishments with these gentle giants. And from what I've seen he works harder in retirement helping his son train their own horses.They live about 15-20 minutes north of us.

www.mywebtimes.com/news/local/leland-man-led-budweiser-clydesdale-team-now-raises-horses/article_eb2f4d8a-0937-5e1d-a498-fdd258376406.html

Offline tlg4942

• "Way down in Alabama"
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 11:08:24 AM »
 Many years ago we were on vacation in Gatlinburg Tn.  We got so lucky that where we parked was in the same lot as the Budweiser horses were being hitched up.
 My children were 6 or 7 years old and we were able to touch the horses for a minute.  I knew they were big but I seriously underestimated what big was.
 Gumby is right when he says HUGE...
 We have always had horses, my dad was a Morgan fan big time.  But seeing these guys so close is a true  lifetime experience.
Thanks for shareing
Terry "Way down in Alabama"

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 09:04:33 PM »
Sorry I missed this when you posted it David. Very cool!
Until 5 years ago I worked for about 15 years with father of the guy in this article. His name was Dan too and he was so proud of his son's accomplishments with these gentle giants. And from what I've seen he works harder in retirement helping his son train their own horses.They live about 15-20 minutes north of us.

www.mywebtimes.com/news/local/leland-man-led-budweiser-clydesdale-team-now-raises-horses/article_eb2f4d8a-0937-5e1d-a498-fdd258376406.html

What a great story, Gene. It's cool you have that connection!
Pit Barrel Cooker, Char Broil Electric Smoker, Charbroil Prototype Kettleman, Char Broil 500X, Blackstone Flat Top, Char-Broil SRG, Weber Performer, ANOVA sous vide device, Lodge Hibachi, Discada, Chimenea, fire pit, hunk of pink salt...
Member #

Offline drholly

• Brooklyn Park, MN
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 09:11:50 PM »
Kinda funny, I was listening to one of my favorite artists - Jane Olivor - as I caught up on these posts tonight... Right about the time I was reading this one, "Run For the Roses" started playing. While it is a different breed and a different goal, I have always been so amazed at the power, intelligence, and heart of these animals.

Member #