Author Topic: Space X launch today 1/17 at 10:42 PST.live coverage....  (Read 465 times)

Offline spuds

• Girl says Hi from the SoCal Mtns.
Space X launch today 1/17 at 10:42 PST.live coverage....
« Reply #-1 on: January 17, 2016, 11:27:49 AM »
Launching Jason 3,a meteorological sat from Vandenberg on Calif coast.On schedule for launch,liquid oxygen loading now,weather looks fine for launch.Launch 2 hours and 16 minutes from now

Havent verified but planned earlier to try again to land first stage on ocean barge.

Live coverage from Nasa online now

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline akruckus

• Smoking the day away...
Re: Space X launch today 1/17 at 10:42 PST.live coverage....
« on: January 17, 2016, 11:42:02 AM »
I know space landed the first stage rocket last launch. Would love to see them keep doing it to save money on rockets and use that money on more probes and research.
Weber Limited Edition Kettle- Red
PBC
Weber Genesis- "Iggles" Green
NBBD
Ooni Karu

Stone Cutter
Member #759

Offline spuds

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 11:56:12 AM »
I know space landed the first stage rocket last launch. Would love to see them keep doing it to save money on rockets and use that money on more probes and research.
That was very exciting to see that first stage land upright on land,Looked like Buck Rogers Science fiction.

This is a biggie today also if they can land the first stage on the barge.They eventually want to land the second stage too.

really cuts costs recovering the first stage space x says.
Feel free to share my pictorials anywhere you like.Could mention from Spuds if you remember.

Offline spuds

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 12:05:46 PM »
1 hour thirty eight minutes to launch,activity picking up,still coastal fog,hope it burns up by launch.Also hope we get to see barge landing attempt live.

Offline spuds

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 12:52:15 PM »
Back up telemetry having a problem,can still launch.However they have another electrical problem that 'could' affect launch.They are discussing off air.....