Author Topic: Sometimes Life IS Easy  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Hub

Sometimes Life IS Easy
« Reply #-1 on: February 13, 2016, 11:14:15 AM »
If you are new to the forum or not very familiar with forum usage and construction I just want to remind you of one of the most enjoyable "ease of use" features of Let's Talk Barbeque:

The SMF software that databases and sorts the posts allows for "quick review" via two methods -- new posts and personalized unread post sort for every member, automatically.  Further, this function sits right at the top of every page (that's an option elected by the sysop) instead of being buried down in fine print at the bottom and limited by section access.  So, you can pop onto the site for a fast update based on your activity only OR do detailed browsing at your leisure, depending on what you want to do.  You don't have to page through anything unless you want to.

Enjoyment of this forum is greatly amplified by taking a broad view of ALL of the posts even if your interests are more specialized.  These features let you get a feel for what's going on in general, then "drill-down" if you'd like.  Many is the time I've picked up something interesting and even learned a thing or two in sections of the forum that aren't necessarily my "haunts".

Enjoy!  Take life easy!  ;D

Hub
(a has-been, now retired former software utilization and business process re-engineering consultant among other useless things that will sometimes get me a cup of coffee for around two bucks at the local Waffle House)

Committed Pellethead & BBQ Writer
KCBS MCBJ & CTC
Ph.B.
Memphis Advantage
NOS American-made Traeger 075
Weber Performer
NG Weber Spirit (warming oven)
PBC
NO SMOKE DETECTOR IN MY OUTDOOR KITCHEN

Offline ACW3

• Morganton, NC
Re: Sometimes Life IS Easy
« on: February 13, 2016, 11:17:19 AM »
If you are new to the forum or not very familiar with forum usage and construction I just want to remind you of one of the most enjoyable "ease of use" features of Let's Talk Barbeque:

The SMF software that databases and sorts the posts allows for "quick review" via two methods -- new posts and personalized unread post sort for every member, automatically.  Further, this function sits right at the top of every page (that's an option elected by the sysop) instead of being buried down in fine print at the bottom and limited by section access.  So, you can pop onto the site for a fast update based on your activity only OR do detailed browsing at your leisure, depending on what you want to do.  You don't have to page through anything unless you want to.

Enjoyment of this forum is greatly amplified by taking a broad view of ALL of the posts even if your interests are more specialized.  These features let you get a feel for what's going on in general, then "drill-down" if you'd like.  Many is the time I've picked up something interesting and even learned a thing or two in sections of the forum that aren't necessarily my "haunts".

Enjoy!  Take life easy!  ;D

Hub
(a has-been, now retired former software utilization and business process re-engineering consultant among other useless things that will sometimes get me a cup of coffee for around two bucks at the local Waffle House)

Ane he has to buy his own lunch when we get together.

Art
MAK 2 STAR (#171) Since RETIRED!
MAK 2 STAR (#4408)
Weber Kettle W/ Rotisserie
Uuni 2 Pizza Oven
Member #11

Offline Smokin Don

• Pellet Smoker Cooking
Re: Sometimes Life IS Easy
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 03:32:05 PM »
Yea I agree Hub, I try to read all posts as I am always learning little things from different cookers and smokers I can adapt or use. Don
Traeger 07E pellet smoker
Weber E210 gas grill
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal
Camp Chef Pro 30 gas burner
Camp Chef Iron Griddle
Lodge CI Hibachi
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I am not aging, just marinating
I think I am starting to age!
http://pelletsmokercooking.blogspot.com/